This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Military Police
(29-08-2012, 09:25 PM)thorpe Wrote:
(29-08-2012, 05:38 PM)thehawk Wrote: There army CID aren't they, seen a black unmarked mondeo in cork with black plate on it

There's a few of those mondeos around, their horse unit have one too

Most of the Mondeos are used for transporting senior officers i.e. GOC and above. I have only ever seen MPs in FFR's or on bikes.
To be honest I never seen MPs in plain clothes.

Plain clothes PAs used to do random searches of Billets when I was in the RDF.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
I never had the PA make a call to any of the camps I have been on. I dont think many would have made to trip down to Bere Island, well not when I was on camp there. Never came across them in Kilworth either apart competition being held there, now most of the time we were in Kilworth, we were out on the ground or out there on the ranges for ARPs or shooting team practice. Now Ballast may have come across them more than I have in recent years.
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
Came across it in Kilworth once and Bere Island once. They got quite a hall of contraband if I remember correctly! They did random drug testing on the Bere Island trip.
Got randon drug tested once in Collins Barracks Cork.
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
(29-08-2012, 09:34 PM)thorpe Wrote: I never had the PA make a call to any of the camps I have been on. I dont think many would have made to trip down to Bere Island, well not when I was on camp there. Never came across them in Kilworth either apart competition being held there, now most of the time we were in Kilworth, we were out on the ground or out there on the ranges for ARPs or shooting team practice. Now Ballast may have come across them more than I have in recent years.

I remember doing the camp in the Glen and got sent down to Wexford for saving private Ryan as they needed extras. (yes I am famous!) Any who they had PAs in an unmarked mondeo gong around the town that night. A large row did start in the town that night between the locals and our lads. Garda and PAs were there.

I got a broken nose that night but that's because I fell out of my safari bed...

Well that's what I told the medic at the MAP
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
The plain clothes PAs were called SIB at one stage.
(29-08-2012, 10:59 PM)irlsandbag Wrote: The plain clothes PAs were called SIB at one stage.

The Royal Military Police's detective branch are Special Investigation Branch SIB
Quote: Now Ballast may have come across them more than I have in recent years.

What you implying???? 148

Ya had some dealings with them as a witness to some billet searches, random drug testing and when our officer kicked up a stink one time, if i remember corectly they arrived down in a mini bus in suits.
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
Its very different over here, we have the DPU or Domestic Policing Unit and then the Operations Policing Unit,
The DPU are very much like your local Police and the OPU are deploying for overseas operation.
Do MP's in Oz have powers outside of Militaty Facilities Marc?
Yes mate we do have certain powers, but they are very limited and only in relation to arresting in regards to 'finds committing an indictable offence'. I have made several arrests outside and the local police have been more than happy.
I've just seen a military police unit parked on Garda only ramp on motorway. Two MP's doing a speed check. Surely there won't be many military vehicles passing them
That the one on the N7 around Kill? Fair few military vehicles out and about today, perhaps to do with the rotation to the Golan Heights?
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
You'd be surprised how many military vehicles travel around the roads
I think the speed limit for the military is 50 or 80 kmph, correct me if I am wrong please, but its below the national limits
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
(26-02-2014, 02:03 PM)LPP Wrote: That the one on the N7 around Kill? Fair few military vehicles out and about today, perhaps to do with the rotation to the Golan Heights?

No it's southbound on M1
They are trying to usurp us!!! In fairness the M7 is always full on military vehicles, don't know about the M1.
(26-02-2014, 02:22 PM)thehawk Wrote:
(26-02-2014, 02:03 PM)LPP Wrote: That the one on the N7 around Kill? Fair few military vehicles out and about today, perhaps to do with the rotation to the Golan Heights?

No it's southbound on M1

Gormanstown Camp.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Dundalk barracks also
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Used to go out with a girl from Newbridge. Would often see the PAs on the ramp at Castlewarden there.......the bizzarest is the olive drab ffr with IR absorbing paint covered top to bottom in battenburg
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
ive never seen the PA's doing speed checks on the M7
He who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before