This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Firefighters. Tonight, 8.30pm RTE1
Looking forward to watching this tonight. The commercial for it looks good. Interested to see some of the comments on here by fire and ambulance people afterwards!
Clear us there....that's a civil matter.
Have it series linked on da sky box 148

Looking forward to the arguments........err discussions after it myself Refspls
I hear Scott Safety are sponsoring the series!!!!
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Oh am going to watch it... can't be any worse then the garda seris of Traffic Blues really!
........"its not our area"
I'm in work till 20:30 but have it sky+ as I'll either be working are at omac training each Tuesday its on
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
There wont be any arguments BB, we're always right ! (now wheres that smilies button ?)
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Looking forward to it
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Better than traffic blues so far!
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
what what do you guys think is it good ? or bad ? :P
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Very good recognised a few lads especially one I know well. Good show lads.

I would have told that young one on top of the shelter to fuck off and get down herself.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
Very good and made the DFB lads look well, but can i ask would a D/O really go to a call like the one on top of the shelter normally??
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
Really good show, have to say I enjoyed it. I would have told that scut on top of the luas shelter to get herself off it as she got up there in the first place.
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
Have to say it was good. Came across very well and so far everyone looks very professional. Of course the engineers haven't had a chance to ruin it yet.....
(04-09-2012, 09:04 PM)vidar Wrote: Very good and made the DFB lads look well, but can i ask would a D/O really go to a call like the one on top of the shelter normally??

He would in his arse!!!!

The camera crew was travelling with the DO's a lot of the time so he obviously just responded to it to show the bullshit calls that can come in
(04-09-2012, 09:04 PM)vidar Wrote: Very good and made the DFB lads look well, but can i ask would a D/O really go to a call like the one on top of the shelter normally??

Yeah Vidar, i was thinking the same thing...??? Coz where i am u wouldn't see an AGS Inspector out on patrol and taking the calls. 21
(04-09-2012, 08:59 PM)silop10 Wrote: Very good recognised a few lads especially one I know well. Good show lads.

I would have told that young one on top of the shelter to fuck off and get down herself.

id have told her fuck off if i was the one taking the call!! Good show though, bit short but good!
(04-09-2012, 09:26 PM)Paulzx Wrote:

He would in his arse!!!!

The camera crew was travelling with the DO's a lot of the time so he obviously just responded to it to show the bullshit calls that can come in

Question answered. Cheers Paulzx!! 21
Yeah, a good programme. Well put together & the lads inthe DFB looked very professional in their jobs. Fair play to yiz!!! And of course, it's way better than Traffic Blues sh1t!! :-)
Just to ask the lads in the DFB here... Is there not a standard issue helmet issued to the DFB members? Coz some were wearing the old type helmet on the parade at the start of the programme & others were wearing the new type helmet...???
(04-09-2012, 09:49 PM)Maverick Wrote: Just to ask the lads in the DFB here... Is there not a standard issue helmet issued to the DFB members? Coz some were wearing the old type helmet on the parade at the start of the programme & others were wearing the new type helmet...???

You think that's bad...my place is worse.
This week people are currently wearing:

MSA Gallet
Cromwell F500
Cromwell F600
Cromwell F900
Rosenbaeur Heros
And on trial old style Bullards
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.