This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Firefighters. Tonight, 8.30pm RTE1
It was a great show to be fair. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next series.
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
(24-10-2012, 12:52 PM)thehawk Wrote: Great show, I just watched the last episode there. That VW officers car looks good

Yep, quick too !
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Very quick, great engine in it!
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
Notorious for having weak gearboxes and drive shafts though.
good to see old faces on TV
(24-10-2012, 01:20 PM)The Gap Wrote:
(24-10-2012, 12:52 PM)thehawk Wrote: Great show, I just watched the last episode there. That VW officers car looks good

Yep, quick too !

Red T D and I, the term "shit off a shiney shovel" has been used.

As for the co-operation issue lads are always going to be wary of possible back lash, but the way it was made and edited it came out really well. Say lads will be tripping over each other to be on a second series
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
From the facebook

Quote:We'd like to thank all the men and women of Dublin Fire Brigade for helping us make this first season of Firefighters a success!

It was an absolute pleasure for us to work with such a hard-working, dedicated and accommodating group of professionals, and we look forward to working with them again.

Thank you also to all our fans for tuning in every week and lending your support to the production and the firefighters themselves every week.

Filming is ongoing so please check back regularly for updates and thanks for watching!

Oh, and happy halloween from everybody at Moondance Productions!
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Seems to be a spin off from the Firefighters series.

Quote:Ireland Search and Rescue” premieres at 6.30pm, Sunday, Nov. 18th, on RTÉ One, with real rescues by DMRT, the Irish Coast Guard, Cork Fire Brigade, the RNLI, Irish Naval Services and mountain rescue teams from Dublin and Kerry.
Nice one. Looking forward to that........I haven't heard of it at all! Thanks BB.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
sounds good alright, looking forward to it
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
Tongue 
(09-11-2012, 12:41 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: Seems to be a spin off from the Firefighters series.

Quote:Ireland Search and Rescue” premieres at 6.30pm, Sunday, Nov. 18th, on RTÉ One, with real rescues by DMRT, the Irish Coast Guard, Cork Fire Brigade, the RNLI, Irish Naval Services and mountain rescue teams from Dublin and Kerry.

Think it started off as Rescue 116 (Dublin) and evolved into full SAR program. Same makers of Rescue 117 programs (RTE Cork). Our ugly mugs are in the 1st and 3rd eposides. Presenter Claire Byrne was out following us around a few times, or should I say we were following her around. 19
Next they will have the cameras on the EAS as all the Irish TV program makers seem to do is copy what the english have done 2 years ago. About time and good to see.
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Link to the program page on the RTE Website
Ireland's Search & Rescue
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
(12-11-2012, 10:13 PM)thorpe Wrote: Link to the program page on the RTE Website
Ireland's Search & Rescue

RTE Cork know how to roll.. Dara the pilot in Rescue 117 and Claire Byrne in this 70