This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Firefighters. Tonight, 8.30pm RTE1
(06-09-2012, 08:17 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: ha bb im gona guess it is my one on my youtube account lol http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0B3F3F2803FEB84D here is the link to it 22

Ha!...The very same! ;-)
And wringineg the mop out with his hand !! And of course not to forget the famous cross and his singing to the birds.

Retired: Liam "Nobby" Clarke
Dermot Kelly
Kevin "Clippy" McKenna
Peter McGlynn
Rory "The Rocket" Mooney (a very good pal of mine)
Gerry O'Rourke
John Cullen
Micheal "marbles" Gray
Fran Moore

Tom O'Rourke is now an S/O on C Watch HQ and was on the first episode of Firefighters. Shay Rowe and Mick Mulligan are still on D Watch No:3
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
(06-09-2012, 08:17 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: ha bb im gona guess it is my one on my youtube account lol http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0B3F3F2803FEB84D here is the link to it 22

Did you upload all them Bobby?

Fair play if so, I'd been Wanting to see them for ages!
(06-09-2012, 11:14 PM)The Gap Wrote: And wringineg the mop out with his hand !! And of course not to forget the famous cross and his singing to the birds.

Retired: Liam "Nobby" Clarke
Dermot Kelly
Kevin "Clippy" McKenna
Peter McGlynn
Rory "The Rocket" Mooney (a very good pal of mine)
Gerry O'Rourke
John Cullen
Micheal "marbles" Gray
Fran Moore

Tom O'Rourke is now an S/O on C Watch HQ and was on the first episode of Firefighters. Shay Rowe and Mick Mulligan are still on D Watch No:3

Ah brilliant!!!!... Thanks, The Gap!!! ;-) Shay Rowe & Mick Mulligan are still there???... WOW!! Cheers for that, bud! ;-)
(06-09-2012, 11:17 PM)tyler Wrote: Did you upload all them Bobby?

all episodes are up with some work done on the quality may still be a few glitches to work on but its all there to watch a few people have asked for dvd's to be done out so in the middle of doing them , when i get a chance between school work :P
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
This post has been repped by: tyler (3), Blackbolt (5), civdef (3),

(06-09-2012, 11:17 PM)tyler Wrote:

Did you upload all them Bobby?

Yeah, he did Tyler! Fair play to him. Same here... Wanted to see them for ages too!
(06-09-2012, 11:26 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: all episodes are up with some work done on the quality may still be a few glitches to work on but its all there to watch a few people have asked for dvd's to be done out so in the middle of doing them , when i get a chance between school work :P
(06-09-2012, 11:59 PM)Maverick Wrote: Did you upload all them Bobby?

Yeah, he did Tyler! Fair play to him. Same here... Wanted to see them for ages too!
[/quote]

Ah, kk. Rep given Bobby! looking forward to watching them!
I liked the fact that at the end of the show it said dedicated to the memory of firefighters and ES staff who list their lives on 9/11
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
What a response to that cardiac arrest, firefighter/paramedics, DFB AP, HSE AP and an A&E consultant. If the cameras came out to the country they'd see a very different scenario.

Good show so far though.
the CPR clips were good. Maybe it might convince people to go out and get trained in it?
<Cat among pidgeons>

Interesting emphasis on the Paramedics / APs on the Appliance, yet HSE ambulances
for both medical clips tonight!!!
Interesting clip about the CPR alright, interesting to see drugs being pushed into the shin. Never seen that before!
That's called I/O isn't it?
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Great episode.
The urgency in the controller's voice was really apparent when it turned out there was an AED onsite.
Normally there would be some indication of the patient's outcome but not in this case?
(11-09-2012, 09:46 PM)Tactimule Wrote: That's called I/O isn't it?

Yup!
I bloody hate IO! Its a horrible thing. I remember an AP mate of mine taking out what i can only call a bloody Dewalt power drill from his kit bag and explain in intricate detail the process of driving this medical golf tee of a needle into someones shin. Horrendous. His response... "Sure they're fucking dead anyway, what harms it goin to do!"

Great episode tonight. Really enjoyed it. Amazing to see the interagency co-operation. You'd never believe watchin the CPR being done that there was ever a reputation for HSE vs DFB horseshit.

Finally, please, please, PLEASE let this production company make the next series of Traffic Blues!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Good show tonight, it could cause a few questions around the country as to why fire are not turned out to heart attacks as it will be the same as when Dublin released the charges. We are still being asked if a chimney fire is 500 euro and if the charges on the news were true. People will think we are all Paras or are even allowed to go on medical calls.
(11-09-2012, 11:26 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: it could cause a few questions around the country as to why fire are not turned out to heart attacks...

Some retained counties do respond to cardiac arrest calls, should be standard practice.
(11-09-2012, 11:31 PM)civdef Wrote: Some retained counties do respond to cardiac arrest calls, should be standard practice.

Agreed Civdef
Good show 19

Also (999 what's your emergency? on ch4 on Monday) 22