This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Croke park 2 talks
INMO,IMO, CSPU and UNITE have walked out of Croke park 2 talks... Dangerous times ahead
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
THE IRISH NURSES and Midwives Association (INMO) has walked out of the Croke Park extension talks.

A senior member of the organisation confirmed to TheJournal.ie that the INMO has left the talks, and is holding a press conference this evening, at which more information will be given.

In a statement issue this evening, the INMO said:

The decision to withdraw was taken by the Executive Council when it became apparent that there was no possibility of the ongoing process protecting the existing income of its members.
The INMO has advised all relevant parties that it is no longer a party to the process and will not be bound by the outcome of any agreement should it emerge.
The INMO has also reaffirmed its commitment to continue to take every action available to it to protect the existing income and other terms and conditions of its members.
It will issue a further statement following a special meeting of its Executive Council in the coming days.

RTÉ reports that the Irish Medical Organisation has also left the talks, as has Unite. The CPSU said on Twitter that it has left the talks.

TheJournal.ie understands that SIPTU is still in the talks at present. Impact is also staying on, RTÉ news said. The talks will resume at 10pm.

The IMO said that it left because of a number of issues, including a reduction in pay for a large number of its members.

Earlier today, the general president of SIPTU, Jack O’Connor, hit back at the recent protest by the 24/7 Frontline Service alliance. He said that a solution to government pay problems existed, and it involves a greater contribution from the rich in the form of taxation.

A deadline of the end of February had originally been set for talks over extending the current Croke Park agreement. The talks between the unions and public sector management are focusing on how to slash €1 billion from the State pay roll.

http://www.journal.ie
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
It's going to collapse. Can't see how the unions still in will get members to vote for something when so many other unions are out.
Better get our marching boots ready.....
I don't know how there close in these talks
Substantial progress at Croke Park talks
Minister for Public Expenditure Brendan Howlin has arrived at the Croke Park Agreement extension talks in Dublin.

Substantial progress has been made overnight.

It is hoped that outstanding matters can be resolved and agreement can be reached across all public sector workers.

Minister Howlin has said he wants the deal to be as fair and equitable as possible.

He is seeking a contribution from every public servant of every type across every sector in the context of the severe economic pressures that the State is facing.

Negotiations facilitated by the Labour Relations Commission have been taking place since 10am yesterday.

The agenda includes cuts to top pay, increments, premium payments, overtime and more.

Reliable sources have said that while talks were "in a good space", they are not yet over the line.

However, SIPTU President Jack O'Connor has said that if a deal is reached, union members will be faced with a serious choice.

He said: "The issue that would be faced... by all of us in the trade union movement is to try to decide, is the proposal better than what would happen in a Government-legislated pay adjustment?"

He added that the union has to decide : "is it as good as, or better, than what we could reasonably expect to receive through a protracted industrial battle? That's the question that we're all faced with."

Last night four unions walked out of the talks; The Irish Medical Organisation, The Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation, the Civil Public and Services Union and Unite.

They warned that they would mobilise all their resources if the Government attempted to legislate for pay cuts.

Gardaí had already refused to participate.

It remains to be seen whether the Government will proceed to legislate for pay cuts for those who have not taken part in the talks
http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0225/369441-croke-park/
Deal Done.
The devil will be in the details. I cannot see it passing a vote.
RTE News Link
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
The existing deal isn't even being let run its course, cuts to kick in from July....if passed.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
How can people in good faith vote on something if all the parties where not present at the talks I wonder?
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Sunday rate down from double to time & third, twilight pay gone for all, (Saturday rate not changed) anyone on 35k to 65k will have increments frozen for 3 years, anyone on 65k n up will get 5% pay cut and anyone on 135k will get 10% cut, really bad deal for 24/7 workers

That's so far haven't read the document yet fully
It's as follows...

Incremements: greater than 35k 2 freezes of 3 months
Under 35k one freeze

5.5-10% for 65k to 185k

35 hrs work increased to 37 hrs
37 hrs work increased to 39 hrs

All 6-8 rates gone

Saturday ok

Sunday time and 3/4

Ot for 35k plus is time and a quarter

Ot for less than 35k time and a half
It's not stalking until you get caught with your pants down...
http://www.Irishtimes.ie

Cuts to public service pensions start at €32,500 threshold in draft of new deal

MARTIN WALL and ARTHUR BEESLEY

Tue, Feb 26, 2013

Retired public service staff who receive annual pensions in excess of €32,500 face further cuts under the new Croke Park agreement to tackle the public sector pay bill.

The deal, which is being resisted by major health unions, was signed yesterday morning after talks continued throughout Sunday night.

Draft background documents to the deal also suggest that compulsory redundancies could apply in certain circumstances where staff could not be redeployed and who declined voluntary redundancy.

The threshold for pension cuts set out in drafts of the agreement is half the €65,000 threshold at which pay cuts of 5.5 per cent will kick in.

The pay reductions rise progressively to a cut of 10 per cent from salaries above €185,000. Pay increments will also be frozen under the new deal.

It is understood about 80 per cent of public service pensioners receive less than €30,000, so the pension reduction will apply to a relatively small but significant number of retirees.

Exact level of cut unclear

However, the exact level of the pension cut remains unclear.

The draft agreement, seen by The Irish Times, said the parties noted that the Government was planning to align cuts to pensions paid to retired personnel to the reductions being put in place in pay for serving public servants under the new agreement.

The Labour Court recommendation has not been published in full so far, although it is expected to be released today. The Department of Public Expenditure made only a passing reference to the situation in relation to retired public service staff in its official briefing note on the deal.

Those facing cuts include former taoisigh, former ministers and other office holders.

As a result of the pay deal, Taoiseach Enda Kenny will see his €200,000 salary reduced to €185,350, while Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore will see his €184,405 salary drop to €171,308.

Following the 2011 referendum on judicial pay, the salaries of judges will also be decreased under the new deal.

The Government, which said it would have to introduce legislation to underpin the agreement, expects a campaign of resistance from unions.

“These proposals constitute a fair and balanced agenda to repair our public finances,” Minister for Public Expenditure Brendan Howlin said. “All public sector workers have already made a significant contribution to our economic recovery. However, these further measures are absolutely required to achieve a sustainable payroll cost.”

Unions to meet

The executive committees of most public service unions expect to meet in the coming days to consider the Labour Court recommendation on the deal. By the weekend it should become clear whether unions are to ballot members and what recommendation, if any, they are making on the proposals.

However, many of the unions that left the talks process before the agreement was reached showed no sign of changing their stance. Whether they ultimately decide to take industrial action remains to be seen. The Irish Medical Organisation said the proposals “confirmed we were right to walk out of the talks”.

The executive council of the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation will meet on Thursday to agree its next steps.

Fianna Fáil public expenditure spokesman Seán Fleming said the test that should apply was whether the deal was fair.
Email me Here
Quote:By the weekend it should become clear whether unions are to ballot members and what recommendation, if any, they are making on the proposals.

What the fuck does THAT mean? I'm a paid up member, I'm not happy, I want to ballot, and I want to vote NO!!
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
They wont bother asking us to vote if they know what the outcome will be especially if it will be a landslide.
Have they any intention of actually publishing the proposals?
Supposed to be out tomorrow Brigade according to a news clip I heard.
Haven't they been telling us all day that it will be out today.
Looked at the depts website and the sheer hard neck of the fuckers is hard to credit.
Here's what they have to say about the existing agreement
"Contingent on delivery of the savings and compliance with the Agreement, the Government gave certain commitments to serving public servants:

· no further reductions in their pay rates, other than those applied in 2009 and 2010;"

And that treacherous runt Howlin says they'll commit to no more cuts if we agree to this one.
So sorry Brendan. You broke the deal. So that's a no vote from me.
Yeah, they broke the first one! I wouldn't trust any one of them in government for the next CPA... Assholes!! Labour Party totally screwed the people they are supposed to represent. They will be the next Green Party... Extinct!
Plus One. Amazed that they seem oblivious to the level of hatred and anger towards the whole lot.

CP1 was a shambles on the ground, the majority voted to take on more work for less while still being expected to reach the same targets under the rule of managers who don't know what it means to work.

CP2 now expects us all to take on even more for even less!! I wonder what type of person would vote for this? Not only that but in order to do more with even less it seems that some will be allowed to do more hours with less holidays to help them get more done for less. I've never heard anything more idiotic in my life.

Where is the incentive, the appreciation for the work that is done? We were promised to remain in this deal if it saved money, it did and still they stabbed us all in the back AGAIN!!! Never ever again 70
Email me Here
Exactly as u put it, m4j!!
We were talking about this last night. Our job has become a dead end job. There is little or no prospect of movement or change. The job totally is fubar'd!!
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
TOTALLY fubar'd! 21