This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Which earpiece???
Hi Guys/Ladies im not long on here. Im a GR and im just wondering which earpiece is best for Tetra radio and is there many brands/kinds of earpiece?? any advice appreciated

Without advertising the specific seller. I bought these on eBay, I find the earpiece is very comfortable and due to its design still lets you hear what's going on around you.
I have to say I actually got that one but found I couldn't hear the radio well enough, very comfy though.

I use this one for normal day to day stuff

Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
(11-04-2013, 02:00 PM)vidar Wrote: I have to say I actually got that one but found I couldn't hear the radio well enough, very comfy though.

I use this one for normal day to day stuff
Is that one comfortable? is the cable very long on those?
I find it very comfy, cable is a bit long but all I do Is wrap the excess around the rear of the tetra when I have it on the click doc
Those who can, do.

(11-04-2013, 02:18 PM)vidar Wrote: I find it very comfy, cable is a bit long but all I do Is wrap the excess around the rear of the tetra when I have it on the click doc

Thanks very much
I had the one like vidar but I found the foam bit kept going missing
Have the same one as Vidar, like it.
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(11-04-2013, 04:05 PM)Scuba Wrote: Have the same one as Vidar, like it.

Hi Scuba do you find it comfortable??
Yeah, very. Only thing is that you have to have volume very on radio to hear it but not a major issue. Have the same earpiece for two years.
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(11-04-2013, 05:51 PM)Scuba Wrote: Yeah, very. Only thing is that you have to have volume very on radio to hear it but not a major issue. Have the same earpiece for two years.

Thanks for all your help
Why not just apply for an acoustic ear piece from the job?? I find them the best and ive gone thru a fair few of them.
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
(11-04-2013, 06:49 PM)Hooch Wrote: Why not just apply for an acoustic ear piece from the job?? I find them the best and ive gone thru a fair few of them.

The reason been is im a GR and i dont really want to be taking or seen taking gear that full-timers need more then myself, im happy to buy the few odd bits if that makes sense.
Whats the standard earpiece that is issued? Those clear acoustic tubes can be hit or miss, always use the g-shaped earpieces in my job.
(12-04-2013, 12:38 PM)Shakin Wrote: Whats the standard earpiece that is issued? Those clear acoustic tubes can be hit or miss, always use the g-shaped earpieces in my job.

I never got one issued to me
The standard one is a hard plastic Motorola one, very uncomfortable
(12-04-2013, 12:46 PM)thehawk Wrote: The standard one is a hard plastic Motorola one, very uncomfortable

So any idea which is the best one to get?
M opinion lite to general use the one input up, motorway or other high noise area the in ear one. Not much difference in price probably €15 delivered
Those who can, do.

(12-04-2013, 12:52 PM)vidar Wrote: M opinion lite to general use the one input up, motorway or other high noise area the in ear one. Not much difference in price probably €15 delivered

Is there a supplier here or is it best to get online?
Online is where I went I'll PM you details
Those who can, do.