This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Which earpiece???
(12-04-2013, 12:58 PM)vidar Wrote: Online is where I went I'll PM you details

Thank you vadar
Hi Guys didnt get round to getting one yet but still interested in getting earpiece anybody got any ideas of which one is the best for quality and comfort??
My opinion hasn't changed. See first page of posts!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
We use the D-ring kind with PTT, fairly comfy (unless you've a hat coming over your ears compressing it then it can get a bit sore over time, can hear everything come through via comms and can hear everything being said around you as they don't block up your ear.

Just depends how discrete you need it to be. Just google Motorola D-ring tetra earpiece and it should come up with some suppliers.
I used those D Ring things before and they nearly drove me mental......the ones I find the most comfortable are the ones with the transparent clear curly tube with a PTT that clips onto your shirt and jacket.

Don't know what they're called......
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
(31-07-2013, 01:41 PM)MRX Wrote: I used those D Ring things before and they nearly drove me mental......the ones I find the most comfortable are the ones with the transparent clear curly tube with a PTT that clips onto your shirt and jacket.

Don't know what they're called......

These ones MRX [attachment=2545]

They are the covert motorola ear pieces
[attachment=2547]?

This one, much handier I find and if you end up on the floor it won't try and dissect your ear in a scuffle.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Fairly uncomfortable!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Yeah Refs and Always, those ones.......VERY comfortable I think.
Just ordered this earpiece hope to have it next week[attachment=2686]
They are REALLY comfortable.......you'll forget it's in your ear.......
I was On duty the other night and it was busy and honestly really couldn't hear radio when they were calling me so I ordered the earpiece
i have 3 :/ hehe.

1 D-Ring
[Image: Shield-M2.jpg]

1 one pin covert ( listen only ) plugs into a mouth piece or phone 21

[Image: is16_3.jpg]

1 2 pin covert earpiece for VHF icom radio

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXUXJ8xpdr_6KzqrgI9lh...KAJ7bnMroU]
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
We might look for them in the future with the roll out of the Tetra, depends what way radio traffic will be when wearing them and on calls in houses or in hospitals
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
i use them all the time the covert are the best when with Pt's as they dont notice a giant black earpiece on your ear + they dont fall off then your leaning forward / moving about .
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
(11-09-2013, 12:28 AM)amboman bobby Wrote: i use them all the time the covert are the best when with Pt's as they dont notice a giant black earpiece on your ear + they dont fall off then your leaning forward / moving about .

Handy having 3 ears
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
If anyone needs the 2 pin motorola "FBI" style"... Not for tetra, order of Malta etc I have a contact can get them for €10, large over ear ones for €25 for noisy events.
I've asked him for tetra prices he reckons €15 is best he could do, which he reckons is expensive for what your getting!
Although I see a Dublin shop selling them for just under €30!!

Same guy does ex Uk police radios etc for volunteer groups, so keep in mind if your investing/upgrading gear.
do they work on the motorola gp340 ?
I would say it's a 2 pin Motorola connection (smaller than icom 2 pin)

You'll need an adaptor for gp40 to use 2 pin connections usually.

I use one of the curly tube ones plugged into a lapel mic.

For concerts have surefire ear pro ear plugs. The centre comes out and you can connect radio. Ear plugs and radio ear piece in one
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Correct, requires adaptor, he has them €8 extra