This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Gallery Thread
Great photos Shane. It's a nice lookin car. 2.0 petrol zetec. I was thinking that maybe the reason it has regular markings is that it may possible become a regular car in the future and it would avoid a situation where the public would see the regular driving a traffic car? The one thing that would wreck my head looking at the car is the dash light isn't centred..
(30-11-2012, 05:36 AM)thehawk Wrote: [quote='foreign' pid='98825' dateline='1348081166']
Can't seem to find if there was a new one started.

[Image: normal_D11Full.jpg]
[Image: normal_D12-Full.jpg]
[Image: normal_D12-Front.jpg]
[Image: normal_D12-Side.jpg]
[Image: normal_D12-Rear.jpg]

I saw the appliance in the top picture yesterday. The amber lights on the side are big indicator lights. Looks strange because blue flashing would be better on the side

UK import Hawk, the uk brigades generally have amber lights for fend off for whatever reason. It would just be a case of changing the lenses. I think it was a demo model that was built, probably the only dennis dagger in the country?
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Command Support Wrote: probably the only dennis dagger in the country?

No mate Cahersiveen have one.

[Image: 1996-Dennis-Sabre-JDC-WrL-96KY4520-1339951630.jpg]
(29-11-2012, 10:37 PM)ShaneMaguire Wrote: Drogheda Garda Station has lost a Traffic Corps (white) Mondeo (07, I believe), and it's replacement comes in the form of an 08 silver Mondeo, which has ANPR and is assigned to the traffic unit (but, presumably as a cost-cutting measure, features no battenburg). The car is part of a batch of unmarked vehicles that are being marked up (to increase Garda presence/make it look like there are more Gardaí on the streets).

The car looks pretty good on first glance. First silver car I've had a proper chance to photograph (shot a Traffic Avensis in Dublin before, but only got a quick shot or two before leaving it) and I think it photographs well. It was newly or recently washed, anyway (which is always good photographically).

Car has poor rear visibility in that the only rear facing lights are the built-in lights (brake lights, reverse lights, etc.) and the light bar (though the light bar features no red partitions).

It's a pity that it's such a 'budget' car, but it's good to see that the gents in the station are being given something that's theoretically safer to drive (as that's the most important thing, really).

I first seen the car on Tuesday, by chance (was passing the station and seen it in the car park). Popped in to ask could I take a few shots and a Garda I was speaking to said fire away, but if I wanted, I could pop down the following day and he'd park it on it's own (on the Tuesday it was in the regular allocated parking, so it was sandwiched in amidst the other cars and not really able to be shot too well). I arranged to call down the following day and sure enough the car as put aside on it's own (Drogheda Garda Station doesn't really have an awful lot of space to begin with, so it was great that the Garda made that bit of effort for me).

Anyway, the reason I'm including this is because I just want to thank the Garda for his patience and assistance and, in the event that he, or one of the other Gardaí that were there when I was speaking to him, happens to be on these forums (I know a lot of Gardaí are), to just say that I appreciate the effort to help me get the few photos, and I hope I wasn't a hassle at all.

I already put a few photos on the site that dare not be named, which I'm sure most of ye seen, so here are a few that haven't been posted online yet:

Cheers for that Shane. It passed me on the M1 the other day as I was heading up to my mates house whos a member in Ardee. He didn't know who it belonged to.

You answered it for me. Much obliged
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
BB that Cahersiveen pump is a Dennis Sabre. Very few Dennis Daggers were ever built. The one on the run with DFB is an Ex Demo model. A nice looking machine to be fair. Royal Berkshire have one or two if memory serves me correctly. One attended an AFA at brewery in Reading I was over working at one time. Nice neet machine . Though it was a Rapier at first until I was corrected by the crew. No camera on hand at the time.
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
Drove one of them when they came out first. Dennis brought one on tour for brigades to consider. Brilliant handlng and remember the turning circle was tiny for a truck.
Naturally we didn't buy one.
It was pitched as a cheaper alternative to Sabre wasn't it?
(30-11-2012, 08:09 PM)thorpe Wrote: BB that Cahersiveen pump is a Dennis Sabre. Very few Dennis Daggers were ever built. The one on the run with DFB is an Ex Demo model. A nice looking machine to be fair. Royal Berkshire have one or two if memory serves me correctly. One attended an AFA at brewery in Reading I was over working at one time. Nice neet machine . Though it was a Rapier at first until I was corrected by the crew. No camera on hand at the time.

Cheers Thorpe, they look bloody similar. What are the differences?
Chassis basically. Sabre is built on a conventional chassis , Rapier is built on a space frame chassis like a formula 1 car, basically.
It allows for a much lower height but was wikedly expensive , which says a lot coz a Sabre was about 25k dearer than a Volvo when Sabres were stil avail
Very little new cars around isn't there?
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
(29-11-2012, 11:33 PM)silop10 Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 10:52 PM)pogan Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 10:51 PM)Scuba Wrote: Great photos Shane. Interesting to see traffic gettin a car with regular markings.

No rear reds on the back either lads strange there isn't like

I shall find out.

Ok I found out. The lads were told to mark it as a regular car. But this was changed to a traffic car and ANPR etc fitted. They then decided to remove the markings and put on traffic markings but some one in management went nuts saying sure it marked and to be lucky they had a car.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(04-12-2012, 01:22 AM)silop10 Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 11:33 PM)silop10 Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 10:52 PM)pogan Wrote:
(29-11-2012, 10:51 PM)Scuba Wrote: Great photos Shane. Interesting to see traffic gettin a car with regular markings.

No rear reds on the back either lads strange there isn't like

I shall find out.

Ok I found out. The lads were told to mark it as a regular car. But this was changed to a traffic car and ANPR etc fitted. They then decided to remove the markings and put on traffic markings but some one in management went nuts saying sure it marked and to be lucky they had a car.

thats crazy its cut throat up there so
but some one in management went nuts saying sure it marked and to be lucky they had a car.
[/quote]

Is that the same management that have personal issue cars??0404

Or am I just cynical?
(04-12-2012, 10:31 AM)major skidmark Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 01:22 AM)silop10 Wrote:
but some one in management went nuts saying sure it marked and to be lucky they had a car.

Is that the same management that have personal issue cars??0404

Or am I just cynical?
[/quote]

Personal issue cars?
Spotted this little gem yesterday afternoon.
[Image: 8251582261_c430166e29_z.jpg]
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
Amazing how some areas get everything, whilst other areas are being stripped & shafted 75
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
If you're referring to the new cars IM, they're replacing ambulances so the stripping of resources is alive & well.
Patients don't suddenly die, it just seems that way when you stop paying attention!

Wasn't specifically referring to your post buddy 19, our station has lost most of its support vehicles. They've been redeployed up the country. Coupled with the fact we're down to 7 ambulances for 13 crews is annoying. The newest vehicle in the ambo fleet here is 08 with nearly 400k on the clock whereas other stations in the "area" have 11 plated transits galore & their alot quieter than us
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
Why is that car KK reg, thought all NAS vehicles were KE these days?
Originally they were. Then the powers that be sitting in their babylon tower decided that since there is three areas within the NAS that they would register the vehicles that way, hence everything NAS south will have a KK reg, NAS west was LK now G reg & everything NAS everywhere else will be D allegedly 136136

Why they couldn't leave it the way it was and have everything KE registered is beyond me
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum