This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

The New TV Thread.
(10-09-2013, 10:27 AM)foreign Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 02:51 AM)mbeire Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 09:56 AM)pogan Wrote: New motorways cops tonight bbc 1 tonight

The new series of Motorway Cops is good, so far. I missed the first episode, but I got to see tonight's one.

Just watched the first episode, thanks to foreign for the link. 19
mbeire, proud to be a member of Emergency Services Forum.
Does anybody know what has happened The Borgais on Sky Atlantic? It seems to have dried up mid series......and I can't seem to find it.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
(10-09-2013, 09:01 PM)MRX Wrote: Does anybody know what has happened The Borgais on Sky Atlantic? It seems to have dried up mid series......and I can't seem to find it.

Wiki -

Quote:The Borgias is a historical-fiction drama television series, created by Neil Jordan; it debuted in 2011 and ended in 2013.
The series is set around the turn of the 16th century, and follows the Borgia family, an Italian dynasty of Spanish origin. It stars Jeremy Irons as Pope Alexander VI with François Arnaud as Cesare, Holliday Grainger as Lucrezia, David Oakes as Juan, and Aidan Alexander as Gioffre Borgia. Colm Feore also stars as Cardinal della Rovere.[2]
It premiered on April 3, 2011, at 9 pm ET on Showtime in the United States and 10 pm Eastern (UTC−04:00) on Bravo! in Canada,[1][3] and received its first major television network premiere on June 21, 2011, on Canada's CTV Television Network.[4] The second season premiered on April 8, 2012. On May 4, 2012, Showtime ordered a third season of 10 episodes, which premiered on April 14, 2013.[5][6]
On June 5, 2013, Showtime cancelled the series, a season short of Jordan's planned four-season arc for the series. The cancellation was implied to be due to the expense of production, with plans for a two-hour wrap-up finale also scrapped.[7][8] A fan campaign was started in an attempt to convince Showtime to revive the series.[8] On August 12, 2013, it was announced that the two-hour series finale script would be released as an e-book, after it was determined that a movie would be too expensive to produce.[9]
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Balls. I quite enjoyed that programme. Thanks Foreign.
Motorway Cops, BBC1 9pm tonight.
The stars of Love/Hate are on the Late Late tonight. Sweet. 19
So Lads who is watching Ireland Search And Rescue ??
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Havta say it was feckin epicness!
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
Its a great touch showing the irish people around the country. Pitty they changed the presenter :P. Fair play to RTE tho they seem to have got their act together when it comes to the Documentary's .
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
It was good, the doc's were good but it would be good to see APs throughout the series. The Irish abroad side to it is, interesting......
Stay with'er johnny...
Their is more of a focus on NAS itself in the next few episodes. An omac member shall be one of the NAS ambulance crew on it 19
I had previously taught those doctor cars were a bit if a buckshee job but from the programme I can see their use. Great job
I was impressed at how one of the cars blocked off traffic at the roundabout, good thinking. I wonder who drove the cars back as there was only one doctor in one of the cars
(30-10-2013, 12:41 AM)thehawk Wrote: I had previously taught those doctor cars were a bit if a buckshee job but from the programme I can see their use. Great job

Jason Van der Velde of WCRR is a legend down in this part of the country, he's been responsible for the survival of a number of young children (& adults!). There's one young child locally who would definitely not be alive if it were not for him. He's also very good with giving his time to the voluntaries for exercises etc. Can't wait to do my EMT so I get on some of the workshops he'd be at. Being an anaesthesist, he often uses induced comas at a scene as a trauma emergency medicine response, interesting approach. Very interesting guy
(30-10-2013, 12:58 AM)thehawk Wrote: I was impressed at how one of the cars blocked off traffic at the roundabout, good thinking. I wonder who drove the cars back as there was only one doctor in one of the cars

That was dr doran in his Volvo xc70 who held traffic on Bandon road roundabout, legend of a man!! I don't know who drove Jason west cork jeep to CUH tho
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Witness to war RTE 1 22:30 tonight
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
Just wondering why theres no other rapid response emergency doctors in other parts of the country? Seems to be a cork only initiative.
(13-11-2013, 12:16 AM)sprinter22 Wrote: Just wondering why theres no other rapid response emergency doctors in other parts of the country? Seems to be a cork only initiative.

Amazing service they are

well we are cork this is the ireland map for people in cork19
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
for anyone interested in 5 mins the order of malta will be on nationwide on rte1 give it a look
No shortage of ambulances in Naas anyway. 2 RRV and one ambulance at their last shout on Ireland's search and rescue. Out if interest though would calls always come in over the phone?