This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Find my phone apps
Just wondering about stolen phones and the apps which claim to pinpoint where they are on a map.

Are these apps any use to gardai if a phone is reported stolen and can they information they provide be used to track down the phone?
Happened a friend of mine who reported the theft to a garda station but the garda on duty said they couldnt use that information. The app had pinpointed an address afaik. Not familiar with these apps myself, but id imagine its shaky legal ground?
App is good if you use it to follow the phone and then when your close to it set off the alarm on the phone, you'll find a lad with a stolen phone ringing on him.

As for getting a warrant for a house, I wouldn't risk it as it's not that accurate
How much do these apps cost?

Also can they be disabled easy by the thief?
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
I have seen them used effectively a few times but the info has to be live, not where the phone was an hour ago, etc and it may or may not be enough for a warrant depending.

Also, I wont use my personal phone for work
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Had it one day and drove around with the I/p and the app said it was in this specific house. Turns out it was the house behind it. So I don't trust it.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
How did you find that out Silop? Did you get the phone afterwards?
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Yeah it turned out that the kids in the house had been playing with kids in that house and they had "found" it.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
Got an iPhone back for a lady last week.. Address was coming up on the app at number 21 but the lad at 19 just lit up pulse.. Knocked on door chancing my arm an told pal to gimme back the phone or I'll be back wit a warrant.. He pulled it straight outta his pocket
Fair play, good result!
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
It is a great technology but we don't have the facility to use it unless you are going to use your own phone to do it. The google option might be useable as at least we should be able to use PULSE machines to log in.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
You can access google through pulse?
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
no no you cant.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
I thought you fancy southsiders were getting more than me for a second
Lord knows i've asked for it.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
I was issued with a map a few weeks ago... Maybe that's the way forward!!
(10-03-2014, 10:08 PM)Administrator Wrote: You can access google through pulse?

Once you have internet access you can access Gmail. I'm guessing that you should be able to access the control panel too. I also applied for the expanded internet access and got it. I'll try tomorrow and let you know.

And don't forget you can do your ITSU applications on the portal now rather than paper at local level.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Yep you can access Google through the portal just type it into the address bar
This is a court of Law young man! Not, a court of Justice.

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.
If you have the required access you can, the majority dont.

eh lads I think you have additional access then already, us regular grunts cant access gmail or google
you can get it if you ask admin, its actually quite handy to have
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!