This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Beggars at ATM's
Lads is it illegal for someone to sit in between to ATM machines and beg from people as they go about getting money from the ATM ?
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Yes its on of thd prohibited places to beg can't be within 5 meters of a business courts dont do much about it though
This is a court of Law young man! Not, a court of Justice.

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.
thanks I told a begger who was harrasing people to move away from an ATM. he said why should I . I said id call the guards cause he is breaking the law safe to say he moved quickly. the 3 people behind me in the que had no clue it was illegal 19
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
And bobby people actually give them money. I always move them on
Thankfully the uniform helped get him to move . I aint the scariest of feckers 21
Always hated that shite.
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Public Order Act, 2011.

Section 2

Quote:2.— A person who, while begging in any place—

(a) harasses, intimidates, assaults or threatens any other person or persons, or

(b) obstructs the passage of persons or vehicles,

is guilty of an offence and is liable, on summary conviction, to a class E fine or imprisonment for a term not exceeding one month or both.

Section 3

Quote:3.— (1) A member of the Garda Síochána may direct a person who is begging in any place and whom the member believes, upon reasonable grounds, to be acting or to have acted in a manner that—

(a) constitutes an offence under section 2 , or

(b) gives rise to a reasonable apprehension for the safety of persons or property or for the maintenance of the public peace,

to desist from acting in such manner and to leave the vicinity of that place in a peaceable and orderly manner.

(2) A member of the Garda Síochána may direct a person who is begging at or near—

(a) the entrance to a dwelling,

(b) an automated teller machine,

© a vending machine, or

(d) a night safe,

to desist from begging and to leave the vicinity of that place in a peaceable and orderly manner.

(3) A member of the Garda Síochána may direct a person who is begging at or near the entrance to a business premises, at any time when that premises is open for the transaction of business with members of the public, to desist from begging and to leave the vicinity of that place in a peaceable and orderly manner, if the member has reasonable grounds for believing that, by reason of the person’s behaviour or the number of persons begging at or near the premises, members of the public are being, or are likely to be, deterred from entering the premises.

(4) A member of the Garda Síochána may direct a person (other than the owner or occupier of the place subsequently referred to in this subsection) who is begging in a private place to desist from begging and to leave that place and the vicinity thereof in a peaceable and orderly manner.

(5) A person who contravenes a direction under this section is guilty of an offence and is liable, on summary conviction, to a class E fine.

(6) A member of the Garda Síochána shall, upon giving a direction under this section, inform the person to whom the direction is given, in clear language, that if he or she fails to comply with the direction he or she shall be guilty of an offence.

(7) A member of the Garda Síochána shall not perform functions under this section while in a dwelling unless he or she is in the dwelling with the consent of the owner or occupier of the dwelling.

(8) This section shall not operate to limit the right of the owner or occupier of a private place to require a person who is begging at that place to—

(a) desist from begging, or

(b) leave that place.

(9) In this section—

“automated teller machine” means a machine designed to enable a person, by means of the use of a cash card, credit card or debit card, to—

(a) withdraw cash from, or lodge cash to, an account (including a bank account), or

(b) conduct other personal financial transactions;

“business premises” means a premises that is normally used for—

(a) the carrying on of any professional, commercial or industrial undertaking, or

(b) the provision of services to members of the public;

“night safe” means a device located on the external wall of a premises occupied by a bank or other financial services provider in which money, in whatever form, may be deposited by or on behalf of customers of that bank or financial services provider;

“vending machine” means a machine designed to enable a person to purchase goods or services by means of—

(a) the use of a debit card or credit card, or

(b) the deposit in the machine of money or tokens used as a substitute for money.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
That's already been challenged. Something to do with proving they are begging and not trading
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
And funny you should say that admin. I stopped a lad today selling pens at an atm
(18-10-2013, 03:41 PM)thehawk Wrote: And funny you should say that admin. I stopped a lad today selling pens at an atm

Casual trading act so, I used it for lads selling sir freshness at traffic lights. Seize all items and money and give a recipet
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
Wasn't that something to do with a licence to beg? We always ask now for the persons licence to beg and not it. Think the romas argued the point apparently there are provisions for a licence to be issued to beg so you've got to ask for the arrest to be legal

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.
Licence to beg??? You mean you can officially beg!!
Correct coach you basically have to ask have they a street/house to house collection permit. The high court case was taken by romas or should I say a certain solicitor's office who represents 90% of romas.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
To echo Brigades question.......there is a fucking license to beg?? How in the name of Christ do you go about getting one of those......
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Not really. There's a permit to do Street and house to house collections it was argued that if we didn't ask the person if they had the permit firstI the arrest wasn't valid.