This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

GR roll call.
How about a thread of all Garda Reserves here on ES, new and existing.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Garda Reserve since 2008, very much enjoying it.

I feel a great deal of pride that every time I put on that uniform. (sorry for the cheese/sappiness but I do)

Met some great people through it, both reserves and regulars.

Being a Reserve has shown me how hard our regular colleagues work and the quality of the work they do on sometimes limited resources. So it really annoys me when I hear people giving out about the Gardai.

Hope to go full time if I get the chance.
Hopefully you get the chance to go on. I do think it is a great experience to be able to see how we work on a full time basis
(19-10-2013, 03:50 PM)thehawk Wrote: Hopefully you get the chance to go on. I do think it is a great experience to be able to see how we work on a full time basis

Worked with ye on a number occasions, great guys and girls, ye have very tough job
(19-10-2013, 03:50 PM)thehawk Wrote: Hopefully you get the chance to go on. I do think it is a great experience to be able to see how we work on a full time basis

Thanks Hawk I hope so...but if not it won't be putting me off the reserves.

Am I the only reserve here? Seems so..
Not at all psychcop, afaik there are several Reserve members on the site, some verified and some not, however that doesn't necessarily mean that they post to every Reserve thread.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Psyco, there are about twenty of us in our station..either very young or the other end, fourty plus..
I would say seven turn up regularly to do their hours..
Enjoy it, but the paper work would kill me...
(11-05-2014, 12:20 AM)Críoch Wrote: Hey all.

Just came across this site and joined moments ago. I'm a reserve myself. Been a long time hoping to become one and with college committmets, I was only attested recently. That said, it was worth the wait and I appreciate being where I am now because of it.

So, Psychcop, did you go for the trainnee position in January? Curious to know if you were successful.

Hi, yes I went for it but I'm afraid I wasn't one of the 600 that got called to sit the exam....so hopefully next time still have time on my side (just) one or two more attempts.
(11-05-2014, 12:20 AM)Críoch Wrote: Hey all.

Just came across this site and joined moments ago. I'm a reserve myself. Been a long time hoping to become one and with college committmets, I was only attested recently. That said, it was worth the wait and I appreciate being where I am now because of it.

So, Psychcop, did you go for the trainnee position in January? Curious to know if you were successful.

Welcome along to ESF. Have a look at the verification process and take it from there. There is a varied gang on here with plenty of experience and plenty of craic.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]