This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Lack of ANPR units in new fleet
Anyone else notice the lack of anpr in new traffic fleet, I know it goes on the size of the area covered but a lot of cars been lost without replacement that had anpr. I know it's easy enough to taken then out but it takes longer to fit them

Would it make it more sense to fit them when there been kitted in the depot than taken a car away for the district for couple days

Just think it would be more productive maybe I am wrong
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
The ANPR that was taken from the older car was probably put in another car in a different area
Ford wont allow anpr be put into the new fleet they wont stand over the crumple zones or so im informed. The system from our old traffic car is in a box and im told this is why its not been fitted to the new car.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
(22-10-2013, 11:55 AM)whitewater Wrote: Ford wont allow anpr be put into the new fleet they wont stand over the crumple zones or so im informed. The system from our old traffic car is in a box and im told this is why its not been fitted to the new car.

This new thing this as limerick tango here got one

[attachment=2810]
Hmmmm I'm only going by what the tango lads in my district said.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
(22-10-2013, 02:32 PM)whitewater Wrote: Hmmmm I'm only going by what the tango lads in my district said.

Don't they have it in their unmarked?
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Yeah we had anpr in both marked and unmarked car, the only thing that didn't have it was the jeep the old marked car went to car heaven and the new marked mondeo has no anpr fitted and the reason I was told was ford wouldn't stand over it, which obviously cant be right if Limerick have it fitted.

(22-10-2013, 04:22 PM)whitewater Wrote: Yeah we had anpr in both marked and unmarked car, the only thing that didn't have it was the jeep the old marked car went to car heaven and the new marked mondeo has no anpr fitted and the reason I was told was ford wouldn't stand over it, which obviously cant be right if Limerick have it fitted.

Mallow new tango car got anpr few weeks after getting it when they took it off the 06 useless they had
(22-10-2013, 04:22 PM)whitewater Wrote: Yeah we had anpr in both marked and unmarked car, the only thing that didn't have it was the jeep the old marked car went to car heaven and the new marked mondeo has no anpr fitted and the reason I was told was ford wouldn't stand over it, which obviously cant be right if Limerick have it fitted.

Sure the new mondeos in traffic in the castle have them fitted. I'd say the won't pay your man to fit it.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
[Image: 7a4y3ama.jpg][Image: 5are2uza.jpg]
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Is that small camera ANPR? What about cars before that had a large camera in the rear winow?
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Its the IR for the night vision, the camera is on the back shelf.

Sorry, very hard to see with the glare off the windows! Is it tax or insurance they do? Or both??
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
tax, ins and certain other info or markers ags can place on cars, they can also do speed while on the move.

Every car should have anpr in them.

Traffic Unit in the division got new 131 mondeo estate (ye might remember the one i mentioned before that was stolen off regular)
They got a brand new ANPR set fitted to car within weeks no problems at all.

Traffic in my district have
07 2ltr mondeo ANPR fitted.
07 3ltr mondeo ANPR fitted.
11 D-MAx ANPR fitted.
11 Avensis ANPR & Speed Cams fitted.

Other 3 yokes
131 unmarked mondeo, 132 Mondeo and 05 trooper have no ANPR but both 2007 mondeos on last legs mileage wise if not gone already.

Dundalk have ANPR fitted to regular car... only regular marked mondeo i've seen also.
........"its not our area"
(22-10-2013, 11:01 PM)Blue Light Wrote: Traffic Unit in the division got new 131 mondeo estate (ye might remember the one i mentioned before that was stolen off regular)
They got a brand new ANPR set fitted to car within weeks no problems at all.

Traffic in my district have
07 2ltr mondeo ANPR fitted.
07 3ltr mondeo ANPR fitted.
11 D-MAx ANPR fitted.
11 Avensis ANPR & Speed Cams fitted.

Other 3 yokes
131 unmarked mondeo, 132 Mondeo and 05 trooper have no ANPR but both 2007 mondeos on last legs mileage wise if not gone already.

Dundalk have ANPR fitted to regular car... only regular marked mondeo i've seen also.

Dundalk regular got it because it border county i was told before. must be like thehawk said they dont have spare in depot so have wait to older cars get theres out. fitting them takes couple days tho been told.
I saw one of the castle cars on blues earlier. I didn't realise that the flashing lights inside the boot can be seen when boot is closed. It looked like a Christmas tree
(23-10-2013, 01:37 AM)thehawk Wrote: I saw one of the castle cars on blues earlier. I didn't realise that the flashing lights inside the boot can be seen when boot is closed. It looked like a Christmas tree

Yea I know mad alright.. Had rear reds turned on on new mondeo when we had it and you could see the reds inside boot flashing.
........"its not our area"