This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Fleet rumour 142-151
(22-10-2013, 10:34 PM)silop10 The Stinger. Wrote: Right I will find out tomorrow from my contact and let ye all know.

Thank you silop owe you a pint 19
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Ah rumours you can't beat em. The thing is though there's some stations and units out there that are so badly stuck they'd nearly be glad to get a ride on lawnmower to drive to calls
(22-10-2013, 02:24 PM)pogan Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 02:18 PM)foreign Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 02:10 PM)thorpe Wrote: Any new cars being purchased would have to got through the tendering process, unless they decide to extend the tender they already have in place with Ford. After that would have to to retender if it is over a specific value and get other operators to tender.

They can buy some without tender. Look at the short wheel base Transits that are in Pearse St and Cork.

Yup don't forget about the office vans they might turned into public order vans

Was the Mobile Station van's not bought via a separate specific tender?
mbeire, proud to be a member of Emergency Services Forum.
(23-10-2013, 02:56 PM)mbeire Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 02:24 PM)pogan Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 02:18 PM)foreign Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 02:10 PM)thorpe Wrote: Any new cars being purchased would have to got through the tendering process, unless they decide to extend the tender they already have in place with Ford. After that would have to to retender if it is over a specific value and get other operators to tender.

They can buy some without tender. Look at the short wheel base Transits that are in Pearse St and Cork.

Yup don't forget about the office vans they might turned into public order vans

Was the Mobile Station van's not bought via a separate specific tender?

yup I heard rumour that ones going to cork traffic for mutiagencies checkpoints
Ok the story is that yes Santa Fei's are being bought for traffic enforcement but no skodas. They are investing heavily in the fleet apparently as there is a budget left for this year.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(23-10-2013, 05:29 PM)silop10 The Stinger. Wrote: Ok the story is that yes Santa Fei's are being bought for traffic enforcement but no skodas. They are investing heavily in the fleet apparently as there is a budget left for this year.

Oh god!!! anything about RSU replacement if there putting big investment in
More rumours Short wheel base Ducato being purchased as trial
(30-10-2013, 12:22 PM)pogan Wrote: More rumours Short wheel base Ducato being purchased as trial

Please god no.
Hyundai 140 estates and santa fe's confirmed as new patrol vehicles jeeps not for the regular
This is a court of Law young man! Not, a court of Justice.

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.
How solid is your confirmation?
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(30-10-2013, 12:49 PM)Coach23 Wrote: Hyundai 140 estates and santa fe's confirmed as new patrol vehicles jeeps not for the regular
Jeeps for traffic & connects are coming too
Head man in the garage depot

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.
(30-10-2013, 01:21 PM)Coach23 Wrote: Head man in the garage depot

Is there eta on delivery of the first lot yet?
The i40 is a lovely car! Not sure how she'll hold up to the abuse but still.
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
No didn't seem to know himself he's the operations side of things the finance guy I've never met but he holds the cards

I heard there was trouble with the i40's even they first came out something about a drive shaft or that. Anyway they were do new that there wasnt spare parts so they had to take whatever the troublesome part off loads of new cars to fix the broken ones
(30-10-2013, 04:22 PM)thehawk Wrote: I heard there was trouble with the i40's even they first came out something about a drive shaft or that. Anyway they were do new that there wasnt spare parts so they had to take whatever the troublesome part off loads of new cars to fix the broken ones

Mileage I would think was big part of the deal in they will give the most ie 400,000 to 500,000 km
Hyundais have they learned nothing. Years ago they had them and were balls of pure and utter shite.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]

Not many police i40s
Jasus I hope they go faster than that
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]