This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

St John Ambulance Ireland
Any questions on SJAI (formerly known as The St. John Ambulance Brigade of Ireland), feel free to ask 22
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
How are you finding the new uniforms lads? Did members have much input into the design?

We're all uniforms replaced? Did units or members cover the cost?
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Well done to the SJAB at the marathon on Monday

http://www.thestar.ie/star/runner-suffer...hon-35335/
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
EMT,

The uniforms are ok. Pants have no shape to them but at least it's practical. Some units provided the uniforms foc to the members whereas other units made their members buy their own. The org was relaunched nationally on the 26th of Jan this year & there is a raft of new policies & procedures being implemented which is good.

AP,

Rosc after yesterday's arrest. Good work done by the EMT's, AP's & Med Students yesterday
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
Will they ever make up their minds about the uniform they seem to change them a bit. I've yet to see a crew all wearing the same
The new uniform is in Hawk. The Commissioner has made it quite clear that only the new uniform can be worn. The hi vis jackets that are required have to be in place by Jan 1st 2014.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
(30-10-2013, 12:06 PM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: Well done to the SJAB at the marathon on Monday

http://www.thestar.ie/star/runner-suffer...hon-35335/

Died today. Still excellent work to give him the chance.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
At least it allowed time for the family to get across and be there with him
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
St. John Germany operate 12 of these identical Crafters and provide medical cover at six medical posts throughout the Hannover Messe or exhibition centre.
(29-09-2014, 09:31 PM)Brigade Wrote: St. John Germany operate 12 of these identical Crafters and provide medical cover at six medical posts throughout the Hannover Messe or exhibition centre.

The German Translation doesn't inspire confidence in your medical treatment to hospital.
Why does some sjabi units not do night Dutys or 5am starts? Or is it up to the officer in charge?
@ Jamie.

Can you provideo an example of what your referring too. We routinely cover night events or early starts ie the annual trinity ball in dublin is an all night event. The cover for Dublin City Marathon or the annual Solemn Novena in Limerick usually start at the 06.00 mark. 
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
Just for example it may im not named the area in question but the unit never seem to be on night dutys. In the summer yes they are at concerts and the marathons. But the rest of their dutys seem to be all days. Form we're im standing anyway. I just said I'd ask if all units were the same. The IRC or OMAC seem to be out a lot more during the night and late nights. Does that help irish medic?
Have they actually refused or have you just not seen them at night?

Big difference in the two
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
As EMT has said big difference in the two. Maybe it's a case they have no requests in for duties that entail an early start / late night / all night type of cover. Like I said I know that when we go to the Dub Marathon, we are on the road early ie 05.00 etc to be there at the appointed time. Likewise I cover many events down here that entails early starts or late finishes. I think that the only overnight duty would be th TCD annual ball but am open to correction.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
Not seen them at night would they just not have a contract for events? I was just interested. Thanks guys for your help answering my question
(30-05-2015, 11:17 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: Not seen them at night would they just not have a contract for events? I was just interested. Thanks guys for your help answering my question
In that case probably most likely they haven't been requested to cover amy events at night
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
St John's ambulance cork have nice equipment and ambulances. For a non profit organisation how do they make so much money ? Do they make money off matches and dutys? Do the GAA pay lots of money of first aid cover out of interest ?
(02-08-2015, 02:12 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: St John's ambulance cork have nice equipment and ambulances. For a non profit organisation how do they make so much money ? Do they make money off matches and dutys? Do the GAA pay lots of money of first aid cover out of interest ?
All vol orgs are self funding from doing duties, fundraising and applying for grants. Each org do it differently

As for how much GAA pay I haven't a notion.

Question for Johns memebers. When purchasing vehicles do you link in with SJA in the UK to get better deals in bulk purchases centralised contracts etc instead of standing alone as SJABI?
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Am I right in thinking SJA tend to do a lot of things nationally, like they take bookings via their HQ and various units/counties can supply manpower to a duty (eg in cork)? Or is it kepy more locally like in OMAC. 

Also, I hear you might have a very big duty coming up soon  22 although I don't know how legit the rumour is.