This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

St John Ambulance Ireland
Fairly legit, if it's the same rumour I think it is.
(16-08-2015, 09:38 PM)civdef Wrote: Fairly legit, if it's the same rumour I think it is.

Yeah I presume its legit. Although I'm not sure if its okay to talk about it publicly yet? Either way I wish them best of luck, they'll have a great experience  19
Aragh lads! Secrets are mean, share with the class!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Mr sprinter, you have something to share with the class, hmmm? Cmon boy spit it out...
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
The details are sketchy, and people are being tight lipped about it for some annoying reason. But from what I've read and heard, OMAC lost a contract for a large music event (they didnt specify but go figure!), and I hear SJA obtained it in OMAC's place.
I've heard it's a miss mash of red cross/ John's ....
Would that be an event known as Echo Papa?
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(16-08-2015, 10:34 PM)sprinter22 Wrote: The details are sketchy, and people are being tight lipped about it for some annoying reason. But from what I've read and heard, OMAC lost a contract for a large music event (they didnt specify but go figure!), and I hear SJA obtained it in OMAC's place.

Disappointing one for OMAC to loose no doubt - its a fun one! It just tends to flip flop between orgs every few years in any case, didn't OMAC did it last year, Johns the year before i think etc...

Whole sector is a bit of a race to the bottom with some duties, which isn't good in the long run at all
(17-08-2015, 11:39 AM)wex-eire Wrote:
(16-08-2015, 10:34 PM)sprinter22 Wrote: The details are sketchy, and people are being tight lipped about it for some annoying reason. But from what I've read and heard, OMAC lost a contract for a large music event (they didnt specify but go figure!), and I hear SJA obtained it in OMAC's place.

Disappointing one for OMAC to loose no doubt - its a fun one! It just tends to flip flop between orgs every few years in any case, didn't OMAC did it last year, Johns the year before i think etc...

Whole sector is a bit of a race to the bottom with some duties, which isn't good in the long run at all

Yeah. OMAC have done it for at least 5 years I think. I've been there for at least the past 4. Amazing stuff all around in terms of the hands on and experience, so yes its a shame OMAC lost it, considering we worked so well with the Code Blue lads (ALS) and the medical side of things ran pretty smoothly overall with good teamwork. Great for all the units to come together too. 

The reasons why OMAC lost it have been speculated too but I wont comment on that because its pretty baseless, and not from any reliable source. I suspect its down to cost and like you said, these things tend to change around every couple of years. 

Either way, I wish SJA the best of luck, it will be an invaluable experience to all your members.  22
(17-08-2015, 07:04 AM)Scuba Wrote: Would that be an event known as Echo Papa?

That's what we presume. I don't know why they couldnt have just fuppin told us the name of the event, rather than tip toeing around it. 
Either that or I missed an email somewhere.
(17-08-2015, 03:29 PM)sprinter22 Wrote:
(17-08-2015, 07:04 AM)Scuba Wrote: Would that be an event known as Echo Papa?

That's what we presume. I don't know why they couldnt have just fuppin told us the name of the event, rather than tip toeing around it. 
Either that or I missed an email somewhere.

ye no it is common knowledge now that omac didnt get Electric Picnic this year
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
IRC involves this year too
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
I heard IRC got it fully didn't know SJA had part of it there was talk of IRC doing campsites and Omac doing music venues but that all fell through
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
IRC have the event known as echo papa coz I got a email asking me to attend dunno if St. John are doing it aswell have not heard IRC seem to be doing a lot with code blue lately all the marley park gigs recently and few other bits
Actually, I recall seeing an IRC ambo in Stradbally village last year. Anybody have any idea why they were around? They had nothing to do with inside EP thats all I know. 
IRC is one org I rarely hear things about, or even see.
IRC have a unit located not far from Stradbally.

IRC/SJA did it together about 4 years ago, after CD had it for a few years before that. These things change round a good bit.
(17-08-2015, 05:05 PM)sprinter22 Wrote: Actually, I recall seeing an IRC ambo in Stradbally village last year. Anybody have any idea why they were around? They had nothing to do with inside EP thats all I know. 
IRC is one org I rarely hear things about, or even see.
IRC have large unit in Laois so maybe just heading to another event?

My IRC unit is extremely busy locally and seem to be getting a lot more busy with national duties had avici Paulo nutini and logititude In marley park that tuff mudder or whatever it's called also some run in phoniex park and few other bits with code blue seem to be covering a lot of the car rally's and also the motorbike raceing lately aswell seems to be a lot more emails looking for EMTs for large stuff we never had before
Not the first time SJA lost contracts and what happened in Dublin at the week end there will be questions on the regard I would think
(21-09-2015, 06:45 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: Not the first time SJA lost contracts and what happened in Dublin at the week end there will be questions on the regard I would think

What happened at the weekend?
Patient 23 year old died at a marathon. Something sounds wrong there. How they lose a such a young patient. They must of tryed their major water as what they do at a road race I was at they were there and they attended the lad and gave him water. Shur that's not in any cpgs as an EFR my self