This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Glasgow Helicopter Crash
It's terrible, very sad indeed. Rip.
RIP to those who lost their lives. Just found out a close friends uncle was in the pub at the time. He was lucky and escaped with his life except for a few broken bones.
    an actual promo sign from the pub

The words are quite apt for the rescuers that had to work there
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
That's kinda scary how appropriate the ad is for the pub and what happened
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
It's kinda scary that such an accident can happen. Will be interesting to see the Air Accident Investigation results, but thoughts and prayers with the families of the bereaved especially the 3 police air crew
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Possibly a stupid question, but is there a flight recorder in modern helicopters? Obviously ATC or the police control will have recordings of all communication with the chopper up to the incident.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
I honestly could not answer that I'd hope their would be one in the helicopter.
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
(02-12-2013, 02:12 PM)Command Support Wrote: Possibly a stupid question, but is there a flight recorder in modern helicopters? Obviously ATC or the police control will have recordings of all communication with the chopper up to the incident.

Depends on the weight, passenger capability and use the helicopter is put to. I would be very surprised if there wasn't one, but it still depends on how many parameters the flight recorder covers.
Some recorders just cover cockpit voice data and others might only cover engine power and variables like speed and height.
You would imagine that it being a Police helicopter that it would have a pretty effective data recorder but no guarantee, I presume it is leased rather than owned so it might be set up for civilian use.
IAA has confirmed no blackbox or voice recorder on board. Radio transitions were recorded and show no mayday issued. Radar of the helicopters route was recorded. Plus confirmed all parts of helicopter were recovered disproving claims the helicopter had lost a rotar blade.
AAIB I think not IAA. Hard to find out what happened so I suppose although they are saying they may be able to gather some data from the electronic instruments on board.
[Image: 462c88d7edb92c35f5980702c4c6f829.jpg]
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.