This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

GARDA RECRUITMENT UPDATE
Recruitment announcement here

Summary: happening next week

Intakes: 2 in spring.

Keep eyes peeled here.
It's not stalking until you get caught with your pants down...
Seen this on the bookface yesterday.

Two intakes of 25 I'd say if we're lucky and that will be it for another 5 years.

Exciting times though for all us wanting to join.
(05-12-2013, 05:10 PM)Psychcop Wrote: Seen this on the bookface yesterday.

Two intakes of 25 I'd say if we're lucky and that will be it for another 5 years.

Exciting times though for all us wanting to join.
#

Dont believe it will be that little, can't see massive numbers but id doubt it will be that low
im gonna go for it might as well anyone else gonna ?
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
(05-12-2013, 06:55 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: im gonna go for it might as well anyone else gonna ?
Ya im gonna throw my hat in the ring, even if the chances are pretty slim
luckily i will have a few more chances before im too old 19
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
I'll try.
Lads you need to get in the frame of mind here ... Forget the fucking numbers you want something go for it.

Intakes of 50 and there will be a few .... Keep positive, ignore the rumours and get prepared. If you are doing courses research them. Do the right one.
Ye I'm ready for it kinda still in the dark as too what the recruitment will involve like requirements and that but fairly confident the car licence may be my downfall tho
Ive feeling that european recruits will be selected, what do you think?
(05-12-2013, 08:54 PM)Public slave Wrote: Lads you need to get in the frame of mind here ... Forget the fucking numbers you want something go for it.

Intakes of 50 and there will be a few .... Keep positive, ignore the rumours and get prepared. If you are doing courses research them. Do the right one.

Too right!! I been waiting long enough now to be getting worried about 30k plus applicants. Half of them won't meet the standard required, others will have left the country, others won't know what Templemore is. So you can number down considerably.
Nope. I don't see any upper opportunity being given to other nationalities. It's too complex to get them in for spring. Expect a lot of reserves and rightly so in my opinion and then a selection of the best with good experience.....
(05-12-2013, 10:31 PM)PDF21 Wrote: Ive feeling that european recruits will be selected, what do you think?

Can't see a reason for there to be?
Will they take lots of reserves as they will be down lots in the force there then
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
(05-12-2013, 10:46 PM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: Will they take lots of reserves as they will be down lots in the force there then

Just take in more, no freeze on the reserves.
I suppose would be a good recruitment for the reserves also if the latest recruitment to the AGS showed that been a reserve gave an edge and increased your chances
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
(05-12-2013, 11:29 PM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: I suppose would be a good recruitment for the reserves also if the latest recruitment to the AGS showed that been a reserve gave an edge and increased your chances

Very true
I hope so. In fairness good luck to anyone sitting across from an interview board who hasn't since 2007 done something to show their interest...
(05-12-2013, 11:29 PM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: I suppose would be a good recruitment for the reserves also if the latest recruitment to the AGS showed that been a reserve gave an edge and increased your chances

I actually think they won't take that many from the reserves in reality. If the figure is as high as 40% that I'll be very surprised.
Well dewalt..... You'd want to watch what is going to happen there next Friday because there's a surprise in store for reserves and applicants. Fact.