This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What were you doing before..
Lightbulb 
To all the current garda members,

What was your occupation when you applied for the role of a garda?
Fill on your profile properly and I will answer
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(17-12-2013, 08:03 PM)Peter Wrote: To all the current garda members,

What was your occupation when you applied for the role of a garda?

First post, no introduction and looks for personal information, adios
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
I was a septic tank siphoner!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
I was a fuel injection technician
I was a bovine faeces smeller
This is a court of Law young man! Not, a court of Justice.

Disclaimer: The above is the authors personal opinion and does not represent the values, teachings, policy or opinion of my employer do not take it as anything other than the authors opinion.
From talking to some of them here they all pretty much told me this story about how they became policeman officers:
"I don't remember a time when I didn't want to be a police officer... apart from the summer of 1979 when I wanted to be Kermit the Frog. It all started with my Uncle Derek. He was a Sergeant in the Met. He bought me a police pedal car when I was five. I rode around in it every second I was awake - arresting kids twice my size for littering and spitting. I got beaten up a lot when I was young, but it didn't stop me. I wanted to be like Uncle Derek."
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
This post has been repped by: vidar (3), Tactimule (3), Hooch (3),

Peter got 10 rep points for registering. Why didn't I get ten points for registering???? 148
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
This post has been repped by: thehawk (3), Tactimule (3), Hooch (3), Damned United (3),

(18-12-2013, 02:12 AM)MRX Wrote: Peter got 10 rep points for registering. Why didn't I get ten points for registering???? 148

You look a bit short of rep alright22
This post has been repped by: MRX (2), Tactimule (3), thehawk (3),

(18-12-2013, 02:12 AM)MRX Wrote: Peter got 10 rep points for registering. Why didn't I get ten points for registering???? 148

Is it to stop people like mondoman getting banned?
This post has been repped by: MRX (2), Mondoman (-1), mbeire (2), Hooch (3), alwaysone (3),

Earning more money in the private sector.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
That wouldn't have been hard
I sometimes feel the deductions in my pay packet are more than my take home pay now
Not good
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
I was an artist for the government, but only on a part time basis 106
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Ha ha A1
(18-12-2013, 01:44 PM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: I sometimes feel the deductions in my pay packet are more than my take home pay now
Not good

Well you are paying 54% when you combine all your stoppages so that makes sense
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
in order fuel supply and injection operative, tulip picker holland, craft butcher,contract boner germany, sweden, norway. production manager, yield supervisor/operator trainer.

15 years stamp so, unless things change, pubic and private pension when i go....... yahoo
He who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before  
(17-12-2013, 08:43 PM)Administrator Wrote: Fill on your profile properly and I will answer

Hi,

Is it done properly now? I had to register again.
Peter it's considered good etiquette to post in the introduction thread when joining the forum.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
(18-12-2013, 10:46 PM)Tactimule Wrote: Peter it's considered good etiquette to post in the introduction thread when joining the forum.

No it's not. That's for newly verified only
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.