This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

What were you doing before..
I worked in an office, 9 to 5
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Oops! Thought that was for everyone.

To answer the initial question, I was a 3rd level student and a member of the RDF in my spare time!
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
(19-12-2013, 01:28 AM)Tactimule Wrote: To answer the initial question, I was a 3rd level student and a member of the RDF in my spare time!

I too was a dosser

I chased skirt every Saturday night,

Well on a serious note, I did 2years in college jacked in 3rd year after a week, wasn't for me no more. Took some balls to arrive back home to my parents on a Monday evening I tell ya.
Started bar work at a greyhound stadium the following week.

6months later went through them black gates in templemore thinking I was there forever..... felt like that!
........"its not our area"
Yes partook in been a freelance artist for the government along with working in Tesco, factories and other places. But I'm not a mule
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
I spent many happy summers looking at attractive young ones while replenishing shelves in the Duty Free Liquor Shop. Then I went to college to study electronic engineering which I hated and returned and got promoted to selling drink and cigarettes to attractive young ones in the same Duty Free.
Big shiny orange airport fire engines had a vacancy which appealed until the big bad government stopped us being redeployed permanently.
Then smaller red fire engines became an attractive option and now retirement looks like a real goal.
Thankfully I never had the desire to be a mule or I'd end up like some if the sick puppies we have here.
And I get a fit of giggles if anyone mentions consideration of ambulance driving.
I once considered being a priest, when I realised how much sex they got.
Discounted that when I found out it wasn't the opposite sex.
This post has been repped by: thehawk (3),

I too spent a few years selling fine whiskey and tobacco products to many a tourist. I also saw the attraction of big orange fire tenders bigger than most tanks, thankfully I saw through the shiny veneer of being hose fairy and became a mule.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
(19-12-2013, 01:23 PM)whitewater Wrote: I too spent a few years selling fine whiskey and tobacco products to many a tourist. I also saw the attraction of big orange fire tenders bigger than most tanks, thankfully I saw through the shiny veneer of being hose fairy and became a mule.

We all make mistakes in life I suppose!!
Have to say though if it was ever as busy as it was in my youth, Id be back selling liquor. Loved it.
Thanks guys.. I've always found it interesting to see what people were doing before they joined.
It's just to prove to myself that you're not really looked down on for what you're doing.. 106

It seems sporty people are loved, but that's not me.. 16
I never played sports! Got into running and cycling after I joined. I'd advise getting fit, but you certainly don't need to play sport.
(19-12-2013, 06:51 PM)Peter Wrote: Thanks guys.. I've always found it interesting to see what people were doing before they joined.
It's just to prove to myself that you're not really looked down on for what you're doing.. 106

It seems sporty people are loved, but that's not me.. 16

I'm as far from sports as you can get. Was surprised I passed the physical because I only used the gym occasionally.

And there are members from all walks of life in the job so don't worry about things like that. Just concentrate on you.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
This post has been repped by: Tactimule (3),

(19-12-2013, 02:41 AM)major skidmark Wrote:
(19-12-2013, 01:28 AM)Tactimule Wrote: To answer the initial question, I was a 3rd level student and a member of the RDF in my spare time!

I too was a dosser

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did22
I was fined £1 every week for "forgetting" my sports gear. Not a bad trade off.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
I farmed before joining. I worked on a dairy farm and a piggery too. From one pig farm to another. I grew up in the country and now live in a town. Mad to move back, have a bit of land and few animals.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(19-12-2013, 08:51 PM)Tactimule Wrote:
(19-12-2013, 02:41 AM)major skidmark Wrote:

I too was a dosser

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did22

From what little I remember I certainly did 19 19
(20-12-2013, 12:27 PM)silop10 The Stinger. Wrote: I farmed before joining. I worked on a dairy farm and a piggery too. From one pig farm to another. I grew up in the country and now live in a town. Mad to move back, have a bit of land and few animals.

Sheep???
In order:

Left school at Leaving Cert (16)
Gunman in an Abattoir
Unemployed
Labourer on a building site in London
Soldier
Electronics technician (site visits)
Unemployed (again)
Self employed phone salesman
Firefighter/Paramedic

Many and varied with a little bit of dossing thrown in 22
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
You no longer have the gun from the abattoir do ya boss?

*quakes with fear*
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Gave money back to tourists as the left the country for all their tacky Oirish souvenir purchases, then became a joey, got to drive the big orange tanks briefly and then toddled off to Templehole!
(20-12-2013, 09:05 PM)Brigade Wrote:
(20-12-2013, 12:27 PM)silop10 The Stinger. Wrote: I farmed before joining. I worked on a dairy farm and a piggery too. From one pig farm to another. I grew up in the country and now live in a town. Mad to move back, have a bit of land and few animals.

Sheep???

Only good looking ones though 22
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.