This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Useful Apps
(17-01-2014, 11:46 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: Get one of these when you are cursed with the object, they are delicate little things ya know.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/151210276378?ssPa...1497.l2649

I got one of these for a 4.... Aluminium, internal shock absorbers, dropped a few times, with no damage to phone.

Bit chunky, but excellent grip, even with gloves.

German metal detectors in both Schoenfeld, and at the Reichstag lit up though!148
(Guy at the Reichstag said he wants one though).

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Black-Transfo...19e78e24fd
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
Free offline sat nav that actually works.

You dont use any data allowance to use it, , I have been trying it out and it seems to work fine.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navfree-...34793?mt=8
Got my company iPhone complete with otterbox today. Playtime...
Otterbox, dont trust it mate,
Have one but makes the phone twice the width and larger, after buying a sleek phone changes it horrendously
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Ive always had otterbox or casemate cases on my phone. Wouldn't use anything less.

Have the mid range otter box on it now. The commuter I think. The defender is just ridiculous
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
The case mate is a lot handier, slimmer and less obtrusive. The otter box defender is crazy!
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
(22-01-2014, 11:27 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: Otterbox, dont trust it mate,

Well it's what's on it so unless I buy a case myself it won't be changed, what's wrong with the otterbox and what is better??
What are the essential apps for this contraption?

What's the one that tracks it when you loose it?

Can't remember my apple password, can I retrieve it/ set up a new one and sync it with the iPod etc??
Find my phone

You'll need your Apple ID for that one.
Patients don't suddenly die, it just seems that way when you stop paying attention!

(23-01-2014, 02:11 PM)Brigade Wrote:
(22-01-2014, 11:27 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: Otterbox, dont trust it mate,

Well it's what's on it so unless I buy a case myself it won't be changed, what's wrong with the otterbox and what is better??

(13-01-2014, 10:54 PM)Hooch Wrote: Find Glympse very handy. You can send someone a track of your phone for a preset amount of time. Handy if you're expecting someone so you don't have to ring where they are or if you need to direct, or be directed somewhere.

That is a fantastic app, thank you.
How do you set up contact groups in an iPhone ? ie if I want to send the same text to a bunch if people at the same time without having to individually add them each time I want to text them???
(20-02-2014, 10:11 PM)Brigade Wrote: How do you set up contact groups in an iPhone ? ie if I want to send the same text to a bunch if people at the same time without having to individually add them each time I want to text them???

Add them once into a group message. The at the start of the message label it (in the message) IE - "Hose Fairies - Chocolate bun baking drill is cancelled tonight due to the possibility of it being dark outside"

Next time you want to send it to that group, you can just search messages for "Hose Fairies" and just send another message to the same group.
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
Only that the information is useful to me I'd reply with a witty repost ....
(20-02-2014, 10:49 PM)Brigade Wrote: Only that the information is useful to me I'd reply with a witty repost ....

What…….yer not cooking buns?? O let me guess……its donut night!!!!!

(We all know ye secretly want to be polis……..)
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
In android there are predetermined groups (ice, family, co-workers etc). You can also create your own groups and assign each contact to as many groups as you want.
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
Nah, we just got to Insomnia to buy ours and listen in to what ye're up to...
(20-02-2014, 11:40 PM)echo59 Wrote: In android there are predetermined groups (ice, family, co-workers etc). You can also create your own groups and assign each contact to as many groups as you want.

Are you telling me this just to annoy me!!!
(20-02-2014, 11:42 PM)Brigade Wrote: Are you telling me this just to annoy me!!!

Yup.... Although maybe Apple have something just as good.
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B