This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Cork Search & Rescue
(17-03-2014, 10:18 AM)Brigade Wrote: What facts could you find out in Australia that you couldn't find out here? How to utilise Kangaroos in your search?

I have no idea..... That's the bit that sets the alarm bells off! Lots of experience in Ireland and the UK..... Why the need to fly half way round the world..... Kangaroos could be useful for search.... Climb into pouch.... Instant off road vehicle, improved view with height when bouncing, skippy was a natural at SAR... Maybe it's in their genes! :D
If that Australia trip is true then is shocking. Is there any reference to this from a credible source? I see some threats of legal action in thief FB page last night pertaining to fake Facebook profiles.
Using Tapatalk
I may offer some help if I can get a junket to Australia. Don't really count myself as an expert but sure is this new group either.

Lets to see Bondi Rescue
[attachment=3053]
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
(17-03-2014, 01:37 PM)Not a mule Wrote: If that Australia trip is true then is shocking. Is there any reference to this from a credible source? I see some threats of legal action in thief FB page last night pertaining to fake Facebook profiles.

Only what is public viewing in a FB convo between the person involved here and the Australian fella. Now there is nothing there about the funding of such a trip.... So it may be a personal trip and totally above board.... Yes this threat of legal action has been brewing a while..... The whole thing just doesn't sit well with me..
There was a fresh threat about legal action last night
Using Tapatalk
Ah there seems to be a constant legal threat
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
What legal action is threating?
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
https://www.facebook.com/CorkSAR/posts/1...6368174454
Using Tapatalk
Can you even take legal action against facebook comments???
If you write something that's libel, yes. If your just acting the goat and don't break any laws then, no.
Just because people don't like it doesn't make it illegal.
Using Tapatalk
(18-03-2014, 04:59 AM)thehawk Wrote: Can you even take legal action against facebook comments???

Of course but realistically not really. Would cost to much
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(18-03-2014, 12:32 PM)Administrator Wrote:
(18-03-2014, 04:59 AM)thehawk Wrote: Can you even take legal action against facebook comments???

Of course but realistically not really. Would cost to much

What does it cost?
Using Tapatalk
A solicitors letter to facebook alone would cost 200 just to say they are unhappy with the comments.

Then you have to get the real user. Fight Facebook's huge legal and financial might to get even that and then what? Months of court.

Has a voluntary agency got thousands to put into fighting a facebook comment? I doubt it. We sure as hell don't.
He's gone fairly quite lately, but I see he's gotten a white Mondeo somewhere......

Anybody hear how it's going? (the charity, not the Mondeo). 148
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Has he got it marked up X ?
Not yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time BB�...

https://www.facebook.com/CorkSAR/photos/...=1&theater
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
The fb comments would suggest it's going to be done up soon and their looking for some first responder equipment to be donated
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
What does he need a mondeo for? Surely as a boat/river search unit a jeep would be more appropriate! It all just doesn't sit right! It's like a personal jolly!
That's all it is. Billy big bollix driving around in his marked car looking important and being a nuisance to people who actually carry out rescues
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
This post has been repped by: MRX (4), sprinter22 (2),

He doesn't need a Mondeo, he needs one of these