This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Cork Search & Rescue
snip, you can't say that without showing evidence there are private individuals and businesses passing services and money hand over fist. Nothing  has changed from the previous 2 units
This post has been repped by: Watchman (1),

He seems to attract highly impressionable younger people to his Org……..I was looking at a pic last night of them "on patrol"……..one young fella had a fancy vest on while the rest had free RSA hi-vis vests…….like they hand out at the Ploughing Championships……
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Wink 
Apparently he has been found out yet again. 99% of the crew and committee have walked away. A small few still remain and he is now looking for new members to con and fool.

Sorry I don't know how to post images here!!!

"
Cork Search & Rescue
Yesterday at 6:55pm · Edited ·
We are seeking new members to join the team.If you are interested please pm our facebook page.
Must be over 18
Work as part of a team.
Regular Training.
This is a voluntary team and always on available 24/7 365 to help our community.
We look forward to hearing from you."
The whole committee of Cork SAR has now resigned - posted on Facebook.
The unfortunate Committee who resigned were there for the good of the people of Cork - they had no idea, and were innocently caught up in this fools evil web. As soon as they uncovered it, they did the honourable thing and walked away.
They are planning in setting up a 'proper' organisation amongst themselves - and I wish them the best of luck, genuinely. They are decent people just like you or me.

(SNIP) Sorry but straight out accusations of wrongdoing without supplied and evidentiary proof cannot be left up

BB

The ex-members said the only description anyway 'close' for him was a "Walter Mitty"...
"The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs".
corcaigh laochra na cathrach
(19-02-2015, 01:13 AM)carav Wrote: Are you referring to his latest venture i.e. Cork SAR? 

I'm not from Cork, so I can't comment - however I'm led to believe that the nearest boat to the city is Crosshaven - 20mins down the estuary and a 20min muster time... If thats the case, something is indeed needed in the city, for a rapid response. Apparently the CD & FS do not 'have' boats *ON* the water in the city any more?.

Cork is a big place, and yes there are a LOT of people know this persons history (Blackrock Rescue, then Cork River Rescue, now this21 - however there are also a lot who don't - and the individual concerned is very minipulative and 'hand-picks' the people to keep...
It was the voluntaries & the stautories that rumbled it this time too to the members, as far as I'm aware.
The last members did indeed disperse to other organisations - some went to Mallow SAR etc. and are still there to this day.

If the current people who have resigned this week want to give it a shot on their own, well fair play to them. It will be a hard slog and they will be up against it - not to mention Walter Mitty, the 'man himself'. The best thing they can do from the start, is seek assistance & advice from the official agencies themselves - that way they won't be suspicious and they may possibly work WITH them.

I know he set up Kanturk responders, but I don't know a whole lot about them. Apparently this guy is a fully fledged EMT??
corcaigh laochra na cathrach
Quote:I know he set up Kanturk responders, but I don't know a whole lot about them. Apparently this guy is a fully fledged EMT??

Heard he was doing it alright but don't know anymore. It's only of use if you're operating under a phecc approved organisation which he wouldn't be unless he goes to the private ambulance service....

Sure they'd never have been included on the emergency response for boat/water rescue no matter where they had a boat moored...if that's what he was planning definitely the middle name was Walter. Need to be a declared resource to the coastguard for that I would imagine. Ongoing search for recovery would be different though.

Ah well I look forward to hearing the next instalment. ...

It'd be entertaining except for the poor families who are taken in by these kind of people
It's a pity that all the stories which appear to be true can't be told......let's hope that someone who gave big money comes forward and makes a statement, someone like a big business, or hotel......something like that. 
(19-02-2015, 01:34 AM)Watchman Wrote:
(19-02-2015, 01:13 AM)carav Wrote: Are you referring to his latest venture i.e. Cork SAR? 

I'm not from Cork, so I can't comment - however I'm led to believe that the nearest boat to the city is Crosshaven - 20mins down the estuary and a 20min muster time... If thats the case, something is indeed needed in the city, for a rapid response. Apparently the CD & FS do not 'have' boats *ON* the water in the city any more?.

Cork is a big place, and yes there are a LOT of people know his history (the more the better) - however there are also a lot who don't - and the individual concerned is very minipulative and 'hand-picks' the people he wants to keep...
It was the voluntaries & the stautories that rumbled him this time too to the members, as far as I'm aware.
The last members did indeed go to other organisations - some went to Mallow SAR etc. and are still there to this day.

If they want to give it a shot on their own, well fair play to them. It will be a hard slog and they will be up against it - not to mention Walter, the 'man himself'. The best thing they can do from the start, is seek assistance & advice from the agencies themselves - that way they won't be suspicious and they may possibly work WITH them.

I know he set up Kanturk responders, but I don't know a whole lot about them. Apparently this guy is a fully fledged EMT??

Cork City Fire Brigade do a very good job. This week they saved someone from the river with their SRT firefighters entering the river to rescue the person. If they need a boat then Crosshaven Coastguard or RNLI would come up. I think its about 20 - 25 minutes for a rescue boat to come up to the city center
the committee are not setting up another unit.as of yet anyway.from what i know.he was questioned on things,had no answers for them. snip, you can't say that without showing evidence the unit name has been black listed.mention a Mr Witty to other units and the want nothing to do with them.i feel sorry for the X members
Sadly, all ex-members will be guilty by association. They may have joined with the best intentions, and got roped in, and tarred with the same brush. 
When you think about it, an unhinged ferris wheel rolling towards the sea, is just a windmill full of corpses.
These xmembers should not be tarred with the same brush or guilty by association for the simple fact that they were roped into his tangled web of deceit and lies and as soon as they gammed on that there was misleading information snip, you can't say that without showing evidence and general lies they did the right thing and stepped down from their posts. Reputations should not be ruined because of lack of information from the get go. These ppl were legitimate in their endevours to help the community and were simply caught in a web of lies...
(21-02-2015, 08:06 PM)Hooch Wrote: I'm always dubious when loads of new posters appear on a thread..... 

I believe an ex member seen the discussion and may have alerted some other people that used to be in it.
Not their fault that they tried to be part of something positive for a community but was undone by one muppet/Walter
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
I just wish them the best of luck.the where tricked and lied to
i hope the ex members did the decent thing and reported any criminality and other issues to the relevant authorities....no point letting someone away with it.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
[Image: inspector_gadget_cluso_1.jpg]
When you think about it, an unhinged ferris wheel rolling towards the sea, is just a windmill full of corpses.
Can someone who isn't actually blocked from the Cork SAR facebook page post a link to this thread on his page? 

And to the ex members who have posted on here, you're very welcome because I'd like to hear what you have to say. 

Maybe (SNIP, no names) might make an appearance
Mrx id be totally in favour of this too however i dont think it would last long enough on the cork sar fb page to get any kind of response. As u may have seen previously any incriminating questioning or simple enquiries are quickly deleted resulting in the member being blocked from posting on the page.. kind of says it all really
The x members should not be marked as bad people or have their names black listed. All of them are good kind people giving up their own time to help others. Hate who ever but keep others out of it!
What were the numbers involved leaving? Has anyone stayed on in the unit?
i guy like that would never come onto a forum,meet a group face to face.he would be thorn apart.has the unit got new members.is it still opperating.do the new members even now what happened to the old members