This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Reserve Graduation again today
The GR number must be growing there is a graduation every 5 or 6 months.

Or maybe it's that there is a very high drop out rate which I would say is the case.
I would live to know how many claim their €1000 each year..
The attrition rate is around 11% I believe and I think that has been calculated since 2006, so assume it would include any who would have resigned to go fulltime. I'm not sure of the exact figure of how many existing Garda members who served as Reservists, but I personally know 4 in the DMR.

No idea if that figure is comparable to other countries/services and I suppose it's fair to say that the maximum number of members in service will never exceed 1,500, at least on current figures.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
I was down with the current batch, scary , it was like talking to 15 year olds.. Mostly very young barely out of school... Not really what's needed, no life skills, experience etc.
(04-04-2014, 09:20 PM)columbo Wrote: I was down with the current batch, scary , it was like talking to 15 year olds.. Mostly very young barely out of school... Not really what's needed, no life skills, experience etc.

Big change from when I was there so, I was 24 and one of the youngest in that intake.
I reckon it's a direct result of the much repeated rumour that in the coming years you will not be eligible to apply for full time without serving as a Reservist "A La the Met" as I understand it.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
(04-04-2014, 09:20 PM)columbo Wrote: I was down with the current batch, scary , it was like talking to 15 year olds.. Mostly very young barely out of school... Not really what's needed, no life skills, experience etc.

One of the lads I work with was down with that batch for training, he was saying pretty much exactly the same thing
Quote: RE: Reserve Graduation again today
I was down with the current batch, scary , it was like talking to 15 year olds.. Mostly very young barely out of school... Not really what's needed, no life skills, experience etc.

Its going like the RDF so join at 17 full of piss think your the dogs bollox in a uniform then get bored and not show up after a year!
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
(04-04-2014, 10:30 PM)alwaysone Wrote: I reckon it's a direct result of the much repeated rumour that in the coming years you will not be eligible to apply for full time without serving as a Reservist "A La the Met" as I understand it.

I wouldn't be a fan of that, if something like that was to be done here I'd like to see it drawn 50% Reserves and 50% Public.
(04-04-2014, 10:30 PM)alwaysone Wrote: I reckon it's a direct result of the much repeated rumour that in the coming years you will not be eligible to apply for full time without serving as a Reservist "A La the Met" as I understand it.

Wouldnt believe any rumours, Serving reserves are treated no differently to joe public when applying for the full time.