This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SAR Helicopter
I was just wondering if there is a charge for use of the rescue helicopter,like the charges for use of the fire and ambulance service
Nope, contracted fixed price. Costs the same whether used or not.
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
(05-04-2014, 01:25 PM)LPP Wrote: Nope, contracted fixed price. Costs the same whether used or not.

O.K,Just to clarify so, the family of a deceased person would not be charged for the use of the chopper for searching for body
(05-04-2014, 01:35 PM)C.S.I Wrote:
(05-04-2014, 01:25 PM)LPP Wrote: Nope, contracted fixed price. Costs the same whether used or not.

O.K,Just to clarify so, the family of a deceased person would not be charged for the use of the chopper for searching for body

Now don't quote me on this, (and open to correction)....
Coast Guard Heli's, are contracted to the state for a fixed contract fee as above.

Gardai heli's are deployed as required for operational reasons, as are Air Corps assets, so can (all) be used for anything.

Never heard of any charges for MedEvac/Searches/recovery etc.
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
You can quote me.

There are NO charges for the Irish Coast Guard helicopters
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
(05-04-2014, 01:14 PM)C.S.I Wrote: I was just wondering if there is a charge for use of the rescue helicopter,like the charges for use of the fire and ambulance service

No charge for the SAR helicopter
No charge for the ambulance service

Yes the fire service charge for some services
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
As a total aside, read this week that EI-CZN, former CG S-61, think it spent most of its time in Waterford has been sold and is gone to the US for a new life. Not bad for a machine that's 40 years old.
As far as I know all have been bought and will be used
Not too sure what they will be used for though!! There's a crowd in the US who do complete remanufacturing of the S61, literally replace just about everything and put a new type of rotor on it. Gives about another 20 years life to them.
EI-SAR I think will be either scrapped or will be a museum piece, it was the second oldest S61 still flying. Built in 1962, and for the geeks it was technically a Mitsubishi not a Sikorsky as it was actually a kit built by Mitsubishi in Japan and was half a centimetre longer than others.
I know I'll get my coat....
I think EI-SAR should be kept as a museum piece…..I can see it on the deck of the USS Intrepid or something. Even the reg was cool, SAR……..
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
(06-04-2014, 03:11 PM)Brigade Wrote: Not too sure what they will be used for though!! There's a crowd in the US who do complete remanufacturing of the S61, literally replace just about everything and put a new type of rotor on it. Gives about another 20 years life to them.
EI-SAR I think will be either scrapped or will be a museum piece, it was the second oldest S61 still flying. Built in 1962, and for the geeks it was technically a Mitsubishi not a Sikorsky as it was actually a kit built by Mitsubishi in Japan and was half a centimetre longer than others.
I know I'll get my coat....

Get your anorak you mean 22
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Your just jealous that I'm such a mine of information!
(06-04-2014, 09:46 PM)Brigade Wrote: Your just jealous that I'm such a mine of useless information!

Fixed that for you mate 148
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
The Minister for Useless Information