This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

CPG's 2014
(08-08-2014, 10:42 PM)Florence_N Wrote:
(31-07-2014, 10:10 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: here you go Vidar : https://www.facebook.com/groups/57559610...ment_reply

Oh, this FB page is great
Today there is lots of "discussion" re Morphine for EMTs (let's give EMTs a controlled drug...not!) & "how unjust" the entry potential requirements for the BSc Paramedic Science are, eg leaving cert.

Be interesting to see how many of the EMT's wanting morphine/manual defib/spinal decisions yada yada actually know how to put an arm in a sling, or splint a leg using triangulars or any other basic first aid skill not requiring fancy equipment!

A few of them getting carried away and forgetting that the best EMT's/Ps/APs are probably the ones who can actually talk with a patient - works wonders for most cases!
Even as fultimers the amount of calls where you really need the cavalry is very small…….imagine how small that number would be for a person who might do one duty a week/fortnight/month……
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
(09-08-2014, 12:45 PM)wex-eire Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 10:42 PM)Florence_N Wrote:
(31-07-2014, 10:10 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: here you go Vidar : https://www.facebook.com/groups/57559610...ment_reply

Oh, this FB page is great
Today there is lots of "discussion" re Morphine for EMTs (let's give EMTs a controlled drug...not!) & "how unjust" the entry potential requirements for the BSc Paramedic Science are, eg leaving cert.

Be interesting to see how many of the EMT's wanting morphine/manual defib/spinal decisions yada yada actually know how to put an arm in a sling, or splint a leg using triangulars or any other basic first aid skill not requiring fancy equipment!

A few of them getting carried away and forgetting that the best EMT's/Ps/APs are probably the ones who can actually talk with a patient - works wonders for most cases!
My point exactly and that's the acid test i use for new emts joining the unit

The simple question to ask all these heros......"what do you do off duty when you cant legally implement cpg's"
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
I could scare you by telling you I know lads who have concealed blue lights fitted to their cars. And radio scanners....
are these members of vols ?
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
One even is has been given stripes to his shoulders.
Pm me 21
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
I admit it lads! I dont know how to properly do the figure of 8 loop around the 2 feet! I was shown but I forget and think I'll just have to improvise.
There needs to be an upskilling for this! 44
Theres lots of strapping and bandage skilla that are taught and lost because of lack of use, even in the full time providers. Unless your teaching it its easy to forget
God bless, EMS
That Facebook page is such a laugh and now going into self destruction with the comments and interactions.

As for the CPG's, it's all meant to be EBM and designed for what the grades need and deal with.

We all see and believe we can do better, in fairness there are reps for each grade on the PHECC MAC to be contacted by practitioners.
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
There's a fair amount of loopers over there in fairness…….one guy said last night "it's not road rage if you have sirens". Can they not cop the fact that there may be Officers on the page who may be interviewing them at some stage??

I fear my time on that page might not be long……57
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
I won't even comment, not sure some of the people there have any sense let alone common sense
Ya I'd be inclined not to comment, there are some very "interesting " view points from the people involved! every topic seems to be some form of argument about something that alot of them know little about! And the amount of hypocrisy on the page is unreal, the topic on cpg had people changing their tune at every turn depending on who said what! That page is about a week away from self destruction! Although it did help pass a shift before it just got ridiculous...... Morphine for ICO's has to be my favourite!
I propose Morphine IO for the ICO's
Yes! Sternal IO..... what could possibli go wrong....
(11-08-2014, 10:55 AM)Actual Paramedic Wrote: I propose Morphine IO for the ICO's

Some of the events I've been at......I'd like morphine for EMTs as well (just for the EMTs, not patients) 22
Some serious Rescue Ricky's on that page

Favourite is the guy asking for spinal decisions/manual defib etc that only passed his EMT last month and doesn't even show on the register yet. Convinced he's the best EMT though because he's swallowed the book and just passed his exams....I despair sometimes
And most of the mad ones have jumped org to org I wonder why?
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's........

Attached Files Image(s)

I must get an under shirt with that on it!
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!