This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Vol. Christy Lynch (Order of Malta Ambulance Corps) 02/12/14
Yesterday the Order of Malta lost a great member while he was on duty doing what he loved and helping the community he cared about so much. While I did not know him much I still feel he deserves a slot in our memorial section. I have shared bellow the words of the wexford units Officer in charge :

Loss of a Colleague, Friend and Brother.

People that work in the Emergency Services, whether it is statutory, private or voluntary rightfully refer to themselves as family. The loss felt when one of those family members passes on is even more heartfelt when that person dies doing work to which they have committed so much of their life. Although small in stature, Christy Lynch was a giant of a man to those who knew him. Always willing to lend a hand, or an ear where it was needed, for over 20 years Christy dedicated himself to carrying out the work of the Order of Malta both at home and abroad, not only through his actions but also in his attitude towards those who worked alongside him or who needed his help. Today Christy moved on to earn the eternal rewards that were his due in the manner he would have wished for, dressed in the uniform that he was so proud to wear and doing the duties that he loved. For a small man he will leave a big hole in the lives of all those he touched and who were lucky enough to have known him.
Ar dheis DÃ go raibh a anam
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Worked with him several times this year. Great man.

Rest in Peace.
He will be missed by many
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Missed by many. 

Died in uniform on the way to teach a course. 

RIP
Didnt know him. But have only heard great things. May he RIP
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Rest in peace.