This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Anybody still waiting for the interiew??
Hi all, I was just wondering if there was anybody here still waiting for an interview for the reserves? How long have you been waiting? I applied twice but my first application never got to publicjobs, my second was received last november 12 months. I heard theres not another intake untill late next year. I wonder if anybody here is in the know about this intake?

gardaman
"The field is mine!"
Intakes are ongoing however the 10% original suggested figure of Reserve members to regular full time Gardai was exceeded several months ago, and as a result intakes have slowed. 
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Hi Guys/Girls,

Iasked the question a few months ago if anybody was still waiting on the interview for the reserves and thanks to alwaysone for the reply. However, I am still waiting on the interview. I know the concentration is on training the full time at the minute (which I too have applied for) but I rang both publicjobs and the HQ a couple of weeks ago and was told that when the full time started again reserve training stopped and that anyone after a certain number would have to wait until reserve recruitment started again, I found out I was very close to the cut off number. Furthermore, a few friends of mine in the job said that since the 2013 recruitment an awful amount of reserves resigned and that they were guessing that there would be a reserve intake in roughly 6 months time. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Gardaman
"The field is mine!"
i have applied 6 times first time got a reply was told due to me being in the  process of doing my LC I should re Apply after the exams. 5 more applications since then not once even a reply off them
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!