This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

new squad cars
(04-04-2012, 07:23 PM)Blue Light Wrote: Pray for one them 2013 mondoes? 19

http://www.carsuk.net/car-image-gallerie...-mondeo-2/

One word describes this........... SEX
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Was behind a Traffic Mondeo today( until I had to pass it out to escape the fumes ) but saw for the first time ever( for me anyway ) a garage sticker on the back window - Ashley Ford. Is this common or just an oddball?
(04-04-2012, 09:25 PM)Brigade Wrote: Was behind a Traffic Mondeo today( until I had to pass it out to escape the fumes ) but saw for the first time ever( for me anyway ) a garage sticker on the back window - Ashley Ford. Is this common or just an oddball?

I've noticed it a bit and the number plate surrounds
(04-04-2012, 09:55 PM)gdamedic Wrote: I've noticed it a bit and the number plate surrounds

Oh yes yes alot of yokes have ashley motors do... espically unmarked high powered mondeos from what i have seen.
........"its not our area"
Makes sense to sticker up the unmarked cars. Our new ddu avensis has number plates and stickers from a Toyota dealer. You won't tell it from a civvie car.
(04-04-2012, 11:33 PM)charliecroker Wrote: Makes sense to sticker up the unmarked cars. Our new ddu avensis has number plates and stickers from a Toyota dealer. You won't tell it from a civvie car.

new toyota hard to spot as unmarked cars... i love unmarked estate
Taken from RTE News.......

The Association of Garda Sergeants and Inspectors has called for a cost-benefit analysis to be carried out on the Garda Transport Fleet.

Delegates at the association's conference, which is taking place in Wexford, have strongly criticised the fact that almost half of the transport budget of €24.5m is spent on repairs.

The AGSI said money is being wasted on a fleet of cars, vans and bikes that is ageing and deteriorating and they cannot be expected to provide a service with poor quality vehicles.

In one case, €4,000 was spent repairing a 2006 car that crashed into a donkey, even though the car was not worth that amount.

The association also published the results of an occupational stress survey to which over 800 sergeants and inspectors responded.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Thats nothing new, money bewing thrown into cars that should just be scrapped. Don't know why the job is afraid to by new cars
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
€7000 was spend on repairing our mondeo last year... month later in the garage again... 297,000 on the clock on they decided not to fix it anymore.

you could of bought a second hand 07-08 mondeo with a few miles on the clock in good condition for the €7,000!!!
Can money be put into this now, some will get killed if there action taken its bad enough theres no recruitment for last couple years, morale is low atleast they can do have cars for ye to drive? Minister Shatter enjoy your lovely 2 months off, foreign holidays

GardaI are “juggling” their stock of cars between stations in Laois, to delay them reaching 300,000km mileage, when they are withdrawn with little chance of replacement.

Fine Gael Deputy Charlie Flanagan voiced his annoyance that stations could be left carless, at last week’s Joint Policing Committee meeting.

“I find it impossible to accept that urban and rural areas can be left without the service of a car, particular where mobile criminals are operating. This is a recipe for criminal acts and trouble. The commissioner has made forty new cars available, but I haven’t seen any allocated to the Laois area, where there is a challenging situation,” he said.

Acting Chief Superintendent for Laois Michael Byrnes admitted there are limited cars available.

“We are pooling vehicles, but we are very much constrained. At 300,000 km cars are withdrawn, we have no say in that. We are constantly rotating cars with different mileages, we are holding balls in the air like a juggler. There are twenty divisions, we did get a car but it is a drop in the ocean, it’s probably down to finance, I assume and hope we will see a remedy to it,” he said.

Cllr Paul Mitchell didn’t see the need to remove cars once their mileage hit 300,000km.

“I don’t believe that at 300,000 they should have to be withdrawn. Some cars at 200,000 are wrecked, but I would love to see even old squad cars with high mileage put into rural areas, where they are still visible. In America there is a car parked at the top of every street, with the siren slowly turning, they are very visible. In Donegal a woman that was burgled rang the Garda and had to go and pick him up. I don’t want to see that situation happen in Laois. It’s very important Gardaí are mobile,” Cllr Mitchell said, also suggesting that Gardaí could use their own cars and get mileage expenses.

Acting Chief Supt Byrnes said withdrawing cars was not a Garda decision.

“The makers of the vehicles don’t guarantee them beyond that. I don’t know any vehicle that is as well maintained as a Garda one. It never happened in my service, you would only withdraw a car if it was in a bad accident,” he said.
(20-07-2012, 01:20 PM)pogan Wrote: Can money be put into this now, some will get killed if there action taken its bad enough theres no recruitment for last couple years, morale is low atleast they can do have cars for ye to drive? Minister Shatter enjoy your lovely 2 months off, foreign holidays

GardaI are “juggling” their stock of cars between stations in Laois, to delay them reaching 300,000km mileage, when they are withdrawn with little chance of replacement.

Fine Gael Deputy Charlie Flanagan voiced his annoyance that stations could be left carless, at last week’s Joint Policing Committee meeting.

“I find it impossible to accept that urban and rural areas can be left without the service of a car, particular where mobile criminals are operating. This is a recipe for criminal acts and trouble. The commissioner has made forty new cars available, but I haven’t seen any allocated to the Laois area, where there is a challenging situation,” he said.

Acting Chief Superintendent for Laois Michael Byrnes admitted there are limited cars available.

“We are pooling vehicles, but we are very much constrained. At 300,000 km cars are withdrawn, we have no say in that. We are constantly rotating cars with different mileages, we are holding balls in the air like a juggler. There are twenty divisions, we did get a car but it is a drop in the ocean, it’s probably down to finance, I assume and hope we will see a remedy to it,” he said.

Cllr Paul Mitchell didn’t see the need to remove cars once their mileage hit 300,000km.

“I don’t believe that at 300,000 they should have to be withdrawn. Some cars at 200,000 are wrecked, but I would love to see even old squad cars with high mileage put into rural areas, where they are still visible. In America there is a car parked at the top of every street, with the siren slowly turning, they are very visible. In Donegal a woman that was burgled rang the Garda and had to go and pick him up. I don’t want to see that situation happen in Laois. It’s very important Gardaí are mobile,” Cllr Mitchell said, also suggesting that Gardaí could use their own cars and get mileage expenses.

Yeah i just got a dash master, rear reds and a two tone siren fitted to my car!!!!!!!!
(21-07-2012, 12:33 AM)Blue Light Wrote:
(20-07-2012, 01:20 PM)pogan Wrote: Can money be put into this now, some will get killed if there action taken its bad enough theres no recruitment for last couple years, morale is low atleast they can do have cars for ye to drive? Minister Shatter enjoy your lovely 2 months off, foreign holidays

Yeah i just got a dash master, rear reds and a two tone siren fitted to my car!!!!!!!!

Yes cllr you want your car used in high speed chases bet no so why would any member use there car
Even when we can get mileage expenses for using our own cars there is also the question of insurance cover. If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident or have your car damaged the state will NOT cover you. You claim from your private insurance.
And unless you are willing to pay a probably huge extra premium for "use in connection with your business, trade or profession" the insurance policy may not cover you either.

So no, I won't be using my private car on duty
(21-07-2012, 09:12 AM)major skidmark Wrote: And unless you are willing to pay a probably huge extra premium for "use in connection with your business, trade or profession" the insurance policy may not cover you either.

Didn't cost me anything with Aviva (through a broker). Just rang them and they put it on. Full cover. (but I agree members shouldn't be using their cars for policing duties, traveling to court or a course fine, policing duties...no)
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
(21-07-2012, 09:12 AM)major skidmark Wrote: Even when we can get mileage expenses for using our own cars there is also the question of insurance cover. If you are unfortunate enough to have an accident or have your car damaged the state will NOT cover you. You claim from your private insurance.
And unless you are willing to pay a probably huge extra premium for "use in connection with your business, trade or profession" the insurance policy may not cover you either.

So no, I won't be using my private car on duty

Yeah, I have occasional business use with Allianz and it didn't cost any extra. But there's a big difference in principle, I don't need my car to do my work, a car is pretty much indespinsible for a Garda.
I like very much the spambot who likes very much the appearance of Garda cars.

A black garda car with gold stripes to look very good and no damage will exist for the paint. Lights blue on the front, very cool!!

G'luck Mr spambot, may you continue on your merry way, just not here :p
You look weird now Deefer 22 (sorry weirder)
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
(09-08-2012, 02:14 PM)m4j Wrote: You look weird now Deefer 22 (sorry weirder)

Should have quoted said spambot!!!