This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

new squad cars
(18-01-2011, 02:24 AM)Deefer Wrote: Will that be the v6's? Or the 4 cylinders?

The Kia's will look good. It's about time more than just white started being used. Every other police service in the world uses more than just white. Silver will look good with the battenburg markings and new light bars!

They are still Kia's though. I have a pic of a white one in my gallery if you want to check it out.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Bit of info I heard, cant vouch for the veracity of it,

Avensis Estates are 2.2 D4D, Saloons are the 2.0 D4D with the same engine as the Terra model.

Some of the Traffic Unit Cars will be Silver as Toyta hadn't enough stock of white cars.

I was also told the issues re wiring etc were going to court.

I dunno.

As for the KIA jeeps, a few lads working for my brothers company ( badly phrased, its not his company, he works there too ) had KIA jeeps before, as company vee-hicles. They had a far easier life than an ES vehicle would. They completely fell apart, he claims there was constant mechanical failure with them, and not minor stuff either.

'He who gives up Liberty for Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security".
Brother in law had a Sorrento, utter ball of shite, made from recycled Trabants he reckoned....
(18-01-2011, 02:45 PM)Brigade Wrote: Brother in law had a Sorrento, utter ball of shite, made from recycled Trabants he reckoned....

Lulz!! I reckon the brits have the right idea with the X5's etc. You'dneed something that is half decent off road too ( Trooper ). The new Disco's would fit the bill, but pretty costly yokes all the same.

Then again, if you knew the cost of our yokes................ :p
Did a test drive in a Police spec X5 last year that was brought over for the Chef Fire Officers conference. Very nice, was 6 months old and they wanted £40k stg for it. Chief wouldn't agree coz it "wouldn't look right in the current climate", meaning it was bigger than his car and that would never do.
Priced a replacement for the current Trooper. A Disco is €60k for the pax version and around €42k for the commercial version. Can't get it in red, so repaint necessary, add lightbar, stripes, winch etc and no change from €67k. So I'd say that won't happen.
Anyway, any reason why AGS won't buy commercial 4wds instead of pax versions? Are the rear seats ever used??And is it purely for high visibility policing rather tan actual 4WD capability that most of the AGS jeeps are used for???
I want to know if what could be the best policy into those activities. This is for the factor that it can have a best progression. I've recently knowing the function for the squad cars.

My TV shows Racing Car
Is Ram2 a Fianna Fail politician, because they seem to mangle the English language in the same way.
(20-01-2011, 03:33 PM)Brigade Wrote: Is Ram2 a Fianna Fail politician, because they seem to mangle the English language in the same way.

Either that or a retired rep for Choras Digital :D
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
Nope, he works for Microsoft tech support.

[Image: microsoft-tech-support.jpg]
Ha, where do you find them BB
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
(20-01-2011, 03:54 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: Nope, he works for Microsoft tech support.

[Image: microsoft-tech-support.jpg]

Seen in Dingle

(20-01-2011, 04:08 PM)alwaysone Wrote: Ha, where do you find them BB

He's an avid photographer for the Kerryman
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Talking to a mate of mine, new patrol car arrived today! Looks the business!
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
Someone on the other place said Coolock have one too.

Saw one on the motorway between Shannon and Ennis last night
(23-01-2011, 12:55 PM)Brigade Wrote: Saw one on the motorway between Shannon and Ennis last night

What did you see?

You can see the new Traffic Corp Mondeo in this clip from the fatal accident in Tipperary the other day. It's parked behind the Useless.

(23-01-2011, 02:03 PM)foreign Wrote: What did you see?

You can see the new Traffic Corp Mondeo in this clip from the fatal accident in Tipperary the other day. It's parked behind the Useless.
Does that have the old style lights? :s
Sorry, yeah should have said, Avensis, white,not Traffic. And as it happens one of my mates girlfriend is AGS, in Ennis and it's a 2.0 D4D reg is in the low D 4000's, he said the thought it was way more powerful than the diesel Mondeo it replaced.
Thought it looked well myself, is there small blue LEDs in the bumpers??
ones of lads said he saw 11 reg avenis in mallow on Saturday didn't see it myself not based n mallow maybe charleville based unit can anyone tell me is mallow getting new regular car?
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Saw one in Limerick City last night. Don't know if it was one of the new one's allegedly coming to Henry St or was it another area car just passing through. Didn't really get a good look at it.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
I see RTE are saying that Toyota are recalling new Avensis!!
Are the new patrol cars included???
If so it's another big bo bo by Toyota!