This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Blue light on private property
It's a public place for the purposes of the road traffic act and therefore, no you cannot use a blue or any other colour light.
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
The airport is a bit of a grey area I reckon. The three state airports are in legislation the property of the relevant minister for transport and the airport police and fire service are his authorised officers. 
They have powers, and they are pretty extensive under the airport bye laws and certainly as regards the fire service there, the use of blue lights is following Civil Aviation Authority requirements for identification of fire service. In fact, no one else is supposed to use blue lights airside at all as they can be confused with the blue apron marker lights.
They (APFS) also have powers under the bye laws to regulate traffic in terms of speed, parking, stopping etc etc within the airport.
(23-05-2015, 10:43 PM)Brigade Wrote: The airport is a bit of a grey area I reckon. The three state airports are in legislation the property of the relevant minister for transport and the airport police and fire service are his authorised officers. 
They have powers, and they are pretty extensive under the airport bye laws and certainly as regards the fire service there, the use of blue lights is following Civil Aviation Authority requirements for identification of fire service. In fact, no one else is supposed to use blue lights airside at all as they can be confused with the blue apron marker lights.
They (APFS) also have powers under the bye laws to regulate traffic in terms of speed, parking, stopping etc etc within the airport.

Gardai are also 'authorised officers' which gives us at least in law the same powers and abilities. I would have assumed DFB and NAS were as well but its not mentioned in the act.

In terms of the police, Joeys have the following distinct powers that would not be available to every other citizen:

A, Power to enter, search and examine areas of an aerodrome and planes. (Wallace and Daly obviously weren't authorised officers  22 but their defence under the UN mandate on torture does hold some sway in my humble opinion) 
B, Clamp vehicles (not really that unique but limited at least)
C, Stop, search and question people.
D, Direct people to leave the building who fail to comply with C.

They possess a power of arrest for anyone who impedes them in performing A and D. Of course they possess powers of arrest for other offences but in reality the other offences carry powers of arrest by any citizen ie they have a power of arrest for theft but under the theft act 2001 so does my granny.

In terms of being a public place, the trespassers are arrested under the Public Order Act and that includes air rage on the planes so the courts at least view them as being public places on those occasions. In terms of the roads leading in, crash your car and see what your insurance company thinks  19
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Listen guys, thanks very much I wont be useing a blue light after receiving the advice on here. Thank you for all your comments and help
This post has been repped by: foreign (5),

(23-05-2015, 11:40 PM)Administrator Wrote:
(23-05-2015, 10:43 PM)Brigade Wrote: The airport is a bit of a grey area I reckon. The three state airports are in legislation the property of the relevant minister for transport and the airport police and fire service are his authorised officers. 

Gardai are also 'authorised officers' which gives us at least in law the same powers and abilities. I would have assumed DFB and NAS were as well but its not mentioned in the act.

In terms of the police, Joeys have the following distinct powers that would not be available to every other citizen:

A, Power to enter, search and examine areas of an aerodrome and planes. (Wallace and Daly obviously weren't authorised officers  22 but their defence under the UN mandate on torture does hold some sway in my humble opinion) 
B, Clamp vehicles (not really that unique but limited at least)
C, Stop, search and question people.
D, Direct people to leave the building who fail to comply with C.

They possess a power of arrest for anyone who impedes them in performing A and D. Of course they possess powers of arrest for other offences but in reality the other offences carry powers of arrest by any citizen ie they have a power of arrest for theft but under the theft act 2001 so does my granny.

In terms of being a public place, the trespassers are arrested under the Public Order Act and that includes air rage on the planes so the courts at least view them as being public places on those occasions. In terms of the roads leading in, crash your car and see what your insurance company thinks  19

I mean grey area in terms of them being allowed to use blue lights...
BEE DOO BEE DOO BEE DOO!!! 
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
What's a beedoo?
@brigade

Sorry but HOW many copies of this do you want????
This post has been repped by: thehawk (4), MRX (5),

(25-05-2015, 09:09 PM)Brigade Wrote: What's a beedoo?

Stings you in the arse if you sit on it 148
so what is the legislation in relation to an industrial premise ? is the vehicle cover under phecc as an ambulance but what about fire calls ??
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
(26-05-2015, 05:48 PM)amboman bobby Wrote: so what is the legislation in relation to an industrial premise ? is the vehicle cover under phecc as an ambulance but what about fire calls ??

I can only tell you about the one in town here Bobby. Its in a local chemical factory and they have an appliance and crew but the entrance is gated and has a gate guard who can open the gate. No other way in or out. Entry is by permission only so it qualifies as a private road network.
same here so except the site here is split in two by a public road
Volunteers Are Unpaid , Not Because They Are Worthless. But Because They  Are Priceless !!!
Once your within private roads / grounds I think the light would be legal but again, impersonation or marking a car like gardai, etc would still apply.
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
(25-05-2015, 09:13 PM)jmcd432 Wrote: @brigade

Ah. I see.
Whatever happened to nee naw?
@brigade minions don't do neenaw they do beedoo :-)
What the fuck are minions anyway?
@brigade you NEED to have a few beers and watch despicable me
You mean I need to be pissed to get it?
Not at all @brigade it'll be funnier
Brigade......just watch Despicable Me.......very funny.....you'll like it. 
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.