This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

Poll: Taking pictures of emergency Vechicles on public property
This poll is closed.
Yes it is legal
100.00%
9 100.00%
No it's not legal
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Taking pictures of emergency Vechicles on public property
Is it ok to take pictures emergency Vechicles When responding, at scene and in public places. I no you can't take pictures if casualties but is it ok to take pictures or videos of emergency Vechicle ? I thought once your behind the cordons and in a public place it's alould?
I don't see a problem with it. But depending on circumstances. Like it's ok to take photos but like if there's a scene or a bad crash you shouldn't. Or like members making an arrest stay away
Thanks all as I want is the Vechicles if there's a bad crash I woundnt dream I no what it's like to have pictures taken when at an incident so I don't take pictures where ever patients are. I try not take pictures of personnel but sometimes they walk into the video and there's noting I can do.
Also try stay away from unmarked vehicles as a rule of thumb or at least edit out reg plates

Not necessary but try not include members faces or if there's no way around it pixilate them.

None of us want our mug all over the Internet as we're going about a days work

And try not get in the way

All common sense really but will see you in good stead. Some of the more avid photographers are well known to their local ES and by using a dose of cop on and they have a good relationship with them. Lads give them a heads up when there's something new, give them access to stations, move vehicles to be photographed etc
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Thank you yea I edit them out best I can I don't no how in a video thanks for your help.
There is nothing to stop you shooting casulties other than common decency. Would you want your picture taken while people are fighting for your life? Arrests? Work away, but be careful of publishing them, know the law around prejudicing court cases etc.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
As the lads say, its fine just don't get in the way and if you are asked to stop then stop.

That is from a Fire & Rescue stance in any case.
I have been photographing emergency vehicles for years but my main interest is vehicles used by the Fire & Rescue Services. I have a good relationship with the local stations and usually have no issues especially when new appliances arrive locally. For that I am thankful.
I am also part of a group who do organised visits to station so that is how I mainly get photos from around the country. I have had the pleasure to meet some of the members here also while on some of these visit.
I never had any issue with the NAS or with any of the volunteer services (vehicles only and certainly no incidents).
Any photos of vehicles of an Garda Siochana have their numbers plates removed, both marked and unmarked.
As a rule incidents are a no. Vehicles responding to incidents, i.e. turn out from a fire station, I do like to get.
[Image: 4648562348_2928f84314_z.jpg]
[Image: 14137024149_5618b6ed01_z.jpg]
[Image: 8017066845_3928fdd174_z.jpg]
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
(03-07-2015, 08:18 AM)thorpe Wrote: I have been photographing emergency vehicles for years but my main interest is vehicles used by the Fire & Rescue Services. I have a good relationship with the local stations and usually have no issues especially when new appliances arrive locally. For that I am thankful.
I am also part of a group who do organised visits to station so that is how I mainly get photos from around the country. I have had the pleasure to meet some of the members here also while on some of these visit.
I never had any issue with the NAS or with any of the volunteer services (vehicles only and certainly no incidents).
Any photos of vehicles of an Garda Siochana have their numbers plates removed, both marked and unmarked.
As a rule incidents are a no. Vehicles responding to incidents, i.e. turn out from a fire station, I do like to get.
[Image: 4648562348_2928f84314_z.jpg]
[Image: 14137024149_5618b6ed01_z.jpg]
[Image: 8017066845_3928fdd174_z.jpg]

Thanks you I'm the same but I'm doing it for the last few months but recently I have been given out to
Would people have any thoughts about services not liking myself taking pictures of incidents i come accross ? I was told once or twice in the last few months. I was well behind the cordon and wasn't the only one taking pictures. What do people think I should do ? As I was singled out on that occasion.
It's bad manners, simple as. It's an accident, an unfortunate event thats caused upset or worse. It's not for entertainment of the masses or to show your followers.

Social media has turned people into a bunch of narcissists with no empathy or altruism.
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
Nothing worse than a pack of tools with camera phones out looking out of their mouths at someone's misfortune.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Remember your phone could theoretically be seized for evidential purposes I'd be slow to go snapping at incidents. 
Weve been taking pics on our phones to cover the lack of a camera at times far from ideal and our phones could become discoverable and would have to be surrendered
He who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before  
(05-07-2015, 12:21 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: Would people have any thoughts about services not liking myself taking pictures of incidents i come accross ? I was told once or twice in the last few months. I was well behind the cordon and wasn't the only one taking pictures.  What do people think I should do ? As I was singled out on that occasion.

Personally speaking , if there is still a victim/casualty there while we are working, and someone is videoing it on a phone or otherwise, I will go out of my way to make sure they are moved on.
It is obscene, discourteous and invasive for those involved.
To be blunt, fuck off and get a life.

On the other hand, as long as there is no person involved, couldn't care less what you do, but it would be great to be asked if minded being photo'd
(05-07-2015, 08:42 PM)Panda Wrote: Remember your phone could theoretically be seized for evidential purposes I'd be slow to go snapping at incidents. 
Weve been taking pics on our phones to cover the lack of a camera at times far from ideal and our phones could become discoverable and would have to be surrendered

Also you would be blocked
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
This may sound bad but I don't want pictures of people and I make sure when I'm taking pictures I don't get people and if people get into the picture I blur them out before I use that picture. all as I want is picture of eg the HSE ambulances RRV's ect fire service and Gardí but I do no when and where pictures are not to be taken. I was in an accident a few years ago and I know what it's like to have pictures taken of you so I wouldn't in anyway way shape or form take a picture of an injured person. I see people do it and it upsets me. Why can the Gards take your camra phone and under why power ? (Out of interest)
(05-07-2015, 12:39 PM)ERU Wrote: It's bad manners, simple as. It's an accident, an unfortunate event thats caused upset or worse. It's not for entertainment of the masses or to show your followers.

Social media has turned people into a bunch of narcissists with no empathy or altruism.

If there's no patient involved like say a fire I don't see the harm in that or a helicopter landing I personally turn off my camra when the patient is being moved to an ambulance. As Iv said I was a patent before so hate it when people snap pictures of injured people
(05-07-2015, 10:29 PM)ERU Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 08:42 PM)Panda Wrote: Remember your phone could theoretically be seized for evidential purposes I'd be slow to go snapping at incidents. 

Also you would be blocked

For what
He who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before  
Out on the boat we are constantly getting photoed, but then again we are sexual man gods of the sea  148 so I can't blame people for taking a snap or 2.
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
(16-08-2015, 01:22 PM)Ballast Wrote: Out on the boat we are constantly getting photoed, but then again we are sexual man gods of the sea  148 so I can't blame people for taking a snap or 2.

They probably take pics of you as you so seldom seen doing any work they want proof your unit exists
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!