This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Blocking public car spaces with private traffic cones
It is illegal to block a public car space with a private cone with out the permission of the City Council? I recently parked in a space that was protected by a private cone that had no reflectors or City council or Gardi markings on it. The cone was a normal Orange cone not one of the garda small yellow ones you see around during matches etc...
They are blocking traffic (your moving vehicle) and can fuck off with themselves.

I suspect this would be outside certain council houses who feel hard done by because they have to share 'their' spaces with normal people?
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
(05-09-2015, 12:52 PM)Jamie21 Wrote: It is illegal to block a public car space with a private cone with out the permission of the City Council? I recently parked in a space that was protected by a private cone that had no reflectors or City council or Gardi markings on it. The cone was a normal Orange cone not one of the garda small yellow ones you see around during matches etc...

Not legal. Need permission from the council to close off parking spaces and usually advertised in advance.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
In ERUs rather eloquent way of putting it, they can fuck off. I'd actually park there on purpose, just to piss them off.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Is there more to this Jamie? Are the cones always there? Do you know the person that put them there? The reason I ask is I've seen a lot of people over time decide that cones don't apply to them and just move Garda cones to park thier car
No I didn't park the car I was collecting it as I needed it after school so when I went to collect it a unmarked cone which was there illegally was pushed up to the back of the car and what I know no to be the owner of the house pinned me at the front. So my sister was with me she moved a bin that was at the back up on the step and I picked up the cone when the home owner came out to me and started to shout abuse for parking in a public space. I asked her where was the letter from the councle re blocking the space and she shut up and went in for her husband. I just wanted to make sure I was right in what I was saying you do need councle primission.

I know the gardi ones are yellow the no parking ones and wouldn't dream of moving or parking on it. Thanks all,
Jamie
Yeah thats about right for where ERU mentions. Think public spaces are their private ones. My comment when I speak with em? "You want a private space?" Go buy a fucking private house with a private driveway like I did"
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
I think there's nothing better than finding a traffic cone left on the street. I bring them home and use them for growing tomatoes in....
(06-09-2015, 11:37 PM)Brigade Wrote: I think there's nothing better than finding a traffic cone left on the street. I bring them home and use them for growing tomatoes in....

Your quite eccentric aren't you? That's why I think your gas......
:D
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Thanks All, They think just because they live in a house in the cul de sac and its rented off the council they own the road and parking spaces....Id park their more often just to piss them off.