This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

200 extra high powder vechiles purchased
Ff/Fg govt is the common sense approach, followed by a merger. But the important phrase there is "common sense" sadly lacking in Oirish politics where cute hoorism & mutual back scratching rules the roost.!!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
I'm not advocating them, just stating obvious that moderate right & the centre of Oirish politics is crowded with parties whose only differences are personalities!

More press PR

But the real story is

RSU are getting cars needed but they need to be 24/7 and in dmr

advanced bikes are needed to replace the 07s

4x4s are badly needed DMAX more than likely but anything better than nothing

Replacement of the older 07/08 vans more than like put the good ones into the PO units or as spares.

Traffic will prob get few more insignias ( if anpr issue is sorted) or new style mondeos which look great.

Galway Gardaí can expect the delivery of up to two dozen new patrol cars before Christmas to combat roving criminal gangs of thieves who prey on rural communities.

Justice Minister Frances Fitzgerald confirmed this week that an additional 260 new Garda vehicles will be purchased before the end of this year to beef up An Gardaâ€s ability to tackle rural crime and particularly burglaries.

The expectation locally is that Galway Gardaí will receive between 12 and 24 of the new vehicles due to the size of the county, the rural nature of Galway and the increased motorway connectivity to the city and county, which makes access and getaway easier for roaming gangs from Limerick and Dublin.

The new fleet of cars, including Audis and BMWs, motorbikes and vans is part of a €5.3 million investment announced by Minister Fitzgerald on Tuesday and is in addition to the 370 extra Garda cars that have already come on stream this year as replacement for decommissioned Garda vehicles.

Minister Fitzgerald said the investment will support Gardaí to carry-out more “visible and responsive” patrols of motorways and rural areas, increased surveillance of criminal gangs, and enhanced public order policing at night.

She said the announcement is “is proof positive of this Governmentâ€s determination to ensure that the Gardaí have all the necessary tools at their disposal to tackle the scourge of highly-mobile criminal gangs.”
Government backbencher, Galway West Fine Gael TD, Seán Kyne has been told by the Department of Justice that the breakdown of the allocation of the vehicles for each Garda Division has not yet been finalised.

“The allocation will be made on the basis of need and demand. The allocations are expected to be announced in the next week or two. I obviously will be making representations that Galway gets its fair share of the allocation because it is a large county with a large rural landscape. Galway is also well served by motorways and itâ€s important that these new high-powered Garda vehicles are deployed to target mobile criminal gangs,” said Deputy Kyne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
(24-10-2015, 04:09 PM)pogan Wrote: More press PR

But the real story is

RSU are getting cars needed but they need to be 24/7 and in dmr

advanced bikes are needed to replace the 07s

4x4s are badly needed DMAX more than likely but anything better than nothing

Replacement of the older 07/08 vans more than like put the good ones into the PO units or as spares.

Traffic will prob get few more insignias ( if anpr issue is sorted) or new style mondeos which look great.

Galway Gardaí can expect the delivery of up to two dozen new patrol cars before Christmas to combat roving criminal gangs of thieves who prey on rural communities.

Justice Minister Frances Fitzgerald confirmed this week that an additional 260 new Garda vehicles will be purchased before the end of this year to beef up An Gardaâ€s ability to tackle rural crime and particularly burglaries.

The expectation locally is that Galway Gardaí will receive between 12 and 24 of the new vehicles due to the size of the county, the rural nature of Galway and the increased motorway connectivity to the city and county, which makes access and getaway easier for roaming gangs from Limerick and Dublin.

The new fleet of cars, including Audis and BMWs, motorbikes and vans is part of a €5.3 million investment announced by Minister Fitzgerald on Tuesday and is in addition to the 370 extra Garda cars that have already come on stream this year as replacement for decommissioned Garda vehicles.

Minister Fitzgerald said the investment will support Gardaí to carry-out more “visible and responsive” patrols of motorways and rural areas, increased surveillance of criminal gangs, and enhanced public order policing at night.

She said the announcement is “is proof positive of this Governmentâ€s determination to ensure that the Gardaí have all the necessary tools at their disposal to tackle the scourge of highly-mobile criminal gangs.”
Government backbencher, Galway West Fine Gael TD, Seán Kyne has been told by the Department of Justice that the breakdown of the allocation of the vehicles for each Garda Division has not yet been finalised.

“The allocation will be made on the basis of need and demand. The allocations are expected to be announced in the next week or two. I obviously will be making representations that Galway gets its fair share of the allocation because it is a large county with a large rural landscape. Galway is also well served by motorways and itâ€s important that these new high-powered Garda vehicles are deployed to target mobile criminal gangs,” said Deputy Kyne

Apparently the ANPR issue resolved Insignia has been sorted.

I believe the big issue with the insignias was removing the FM radio
(25-10-2015, 06:54 AM)thehawk Wrote: I believe the big issue with the insignias was removing the FM radio

Was that all? I was wondering force in UK are using them taught it was strange with issues with them

Think the fitout in i40 looks really nice and tidy

Some mondeo estates be nice tho

Those Insignias used in UK are bespoke fitouts by Vauxhall as opposed to the vehicles supplied to AGS which requires retrospective fitouts by 3rd party. Problem arose as the Insignias information systems require the radio / touch screen interface to be left in car, if removed warranty voided. ANPR being fitted on a swivel mount in front of dash. I forsee similar problems with the BMW models they propose to purchase as I doubt they will purchase them from "BMW Authorities" which is BMW provider of bespoke emergency services vehicles. Would love some politicians to lodge FoI request real costs of retrofitting opposed to purchase of bespoke models, might make interesting reading. When gearboxes in i40s were reported as giving problems Hyundai allegedly responded by saying, you bought family saloons!
Procurement is AGS main problem. Until it's in the hands of those willing to listen to us, the actual users of equipment it won't improve and I know from speaking to our fellow front line responders that similar difficulties exist in Fire & Ambulance services. Penny-pinching beurocrats!

Who procures the vehicles? Is actually AGS or is it the office of public procurement ?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Pretty sure AGS have their own procurement section

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
(25-10-2015, 11:58 PM)Brigade Wrote: Who procures the vehicles? Is actually AGS or is it the office of public procurement ?
AGS have in house procurement section

Over years those with expert knowledge of vehicles their usage under pressure have made recommendations backed up by relevant data and first hand evidence but not one of those recommendations have been acted upon. The only exception in AGS afaik is the current RSU fleet

It's incredible that the driving school is tasked with recommending vehicles that they know the bean counters wouldn't consider in a heartbeat.

School: 'Having assessed the performance, handling, safety and reliability of these cars we recommend the e.g. Mondeo first and e.g. Hyundai i30 last'

HQ: 'That's nice, but i30 is cheapest so I approve their purchase!'
Rumour has it that, upon reading recommendations for Skoda Octavia that person tasked with purchasing took, wait for it, a Skoda Yeti for a test drive & didn't rate it!! 😀 a Yeti ffs!! Though of course it's only a "rumour"
What I can confirm is that on a Health & Safety course in Nenagh I got a chance to ask then fleet guru, Ollie Hanlon had he tested the Skoda Octavia Scout, as a retired traffic man who now drives for NowDoc rates items one of best he has ever driven. His answer, huh? The Skoda what....that was of course a number of years ago but it seems nothing has changed!

Another vehicle was recommended over the Audi. Audi was chosen!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
"Private Number Calling" - As if im going to answer that!!!
(26-10-2015, 09:33 PM)Scuba Wrote: Another vehicle was recommended over the Audi. Audi was chosen!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There is going to be very expensive repair bill on the audis

Anything on RSU for DMR it's needed ?

The Yeti was up in a depot a few years ago. 
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
It's a good car but far too top heavy for our role! Ugly too 😀