This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DFB Firefighter Recruitment
Hi folks

The external recruitment for DFB has gone live

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/camp.../23899.htm

ESC recruitment to follow shortly or so I'm to belive. The first open competition in years....its gonna be huge. Best of luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Is there no requirement for having a science subject in the leaving certificate?
This is something that NAS applicants must have, presumably as a prerequisite for UCD.
Patients don't suddenly die, it just seems that way when you stop paying attention!

(22-10-2015, 09:39 AM)Monkeysox Wrote: Is there no requirement for having a science subject in the leaving certificate?
This is something that NAS applicants must have, presumably as a prerequisite for UCD.
Yea. I think its a UCD stipulation. RCSI havent put the same on DFB it seems

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
"Incremental credit for previous local authority service will be awarded only on reaching the maximum point of the Firefighter pay scale"

That's incorrect and can't be applied. There is an agreement giving 1 for 1 incremental credit.  8 years service in the retained brings you to last point of the payscale and any further service counts towards long service increment ....

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
It would appear not. DFB only gave 1 for 2 to a maximum of 10 years for the last retained intake.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
National agreement, Management Services Board have issued documentation on same confirming it is one for one service. It applies for any intakes since Jan 2014.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Ah right. The retained intake was pre 2014. Any chance you might point me in the direction of said document ?
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Awful pity it doesn't count towards seniority either
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
(23-10-2015, 10:05 AM)The Gap Wrote: Ah right. The retained intake was pre 2014. Any chance you might point me in the direction of said document ?

Yep I'll post it up when I scan it.
Sent you an email.
To your work email.

So management probably already have it intercepted....
How many places going in the recruitment drive?

Sent from my S4 Mini using Tapatalk
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
They'll be looking for up to 100 people
Pm sent