This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

NYPD & FDNY
I'm heading to New York at the end of November with the other half love to do tour of NYPD station & FDNY

Any advice on getting it to happen be great lads ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Visit the FDNY Firezone in the Rockefeller centre, FDNY museum, around 10tg street and the NYPD museum at old slip. Engine 1/ladder 24. Close to Madison square are very accommodating, as are 10 house @ the WTC (though they often close doors due to the amount of tourists around)
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
I wouldn't go near the 10 house to be honest. They have a pain in their hoop with visitors
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Yea we were told the same over the last few years. 10 house given their location and history get hammered by visitors. 

It might be worth dropping an email, and see how you get on.
Proudly Confounding everyone since 2006. [Image: eck13.gif]
I'd say the lads in 10 house just feel like telling people to fuck off.....there's a couple more around Midtown, one is just off Times Square around 47th and 8th......I'd say if you just dropped in they mightn't mind.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.