This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Crime task force?
Since when is there a crime task force?

[Image: 9a2a312601ae68b348cf8e7fa0169aa5.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
CTF has been around in the South Central since before I was there in 2000 @pogan

Was based in Pearse Street and had lads from B, E & A in it

Was always uniformed and used marked and unmarked cars, mostly unmarked though
Sorry but HOW many copies of this do you want????
And I reckon it was around LONG before that because BOTH my Super and the I/C in station served on the CTF in santry
Sorry but HOW many copies of this do you want????
CTF is in every division in the dmr and is now called the Burglary Response Unit and has been around donkey's years. In my place we're plain clothes 75% of the time.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
CTF are in every DMR division as whitewater has said. Previously there was one for the city based in the square and to my knowledge called STF could be mistaken but it was absorbed into ERU. In country divisions you have crime units which are more or less CTF.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
Cheers all, great idea if the resources are there.

pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
I think STF was created in the 80s in response to armed robberies and was later a mix of absorbed into SDU and more armed DDU 

CTF has been around since before any of us by a long shot, theres lads retired now that talk about being on CTF.

Interesting to note CTF were once allowed carry firearms on night duty in a time when normal uniform members could sign a firearm out to respond to an armed call (before ERU, Armed DDU, etc)

Depending on the area, CTF can be divisional, district, plain clothes or uniform or a mix in both marked and unmarked cars.

Or in some places they just became the 'fill the gaping hole with a few extra yellow jackets for a few days ploy' unit
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Was on one up to very recently, down the country they are mainly units with an operation name and follow an operational order. It gives lads on the regular something to look or work towards

If I can't eat it, ride it, break it or drive it, then I'll ask myself "do I really need it?!"
Crime task force are hero's ;-)
STF became ERU, the city task force was CDU
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
I though CDU was the Central Detective Unit or "murder squad" which became NBCI which is now called something else?
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Operation fuzzy bunny!

If I can't eat it, ride it, break it or drive it, then I'll ask myself "do I really need it?!"
CDU was central detective unit, Murder squad was C4 part of the tech bureau. NBCI was formed after CDU and C4 and a few other sections were amalgamated at the same time CTF divisional teams were set up
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!