This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Use of Blue lights on duty
I'm sure you can claim from HSE/NAS if something goes wrong IM.....sure it's the law isn't it? It's your right.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
I was on Youtube last night and found a video of a st john ambulance jeep with blue and green lights, now to be fair to them they were on a call so blue I understand but green? I got interested and researched and it says that green is for Doctors only. 
Thats the link. Im from Kerry so we don't have them down here. Its a stage one for me and iv been around a fair bit
On call doctors in my area have green light bars on all their vehicles. Nothing at all in legislation referring to green lights afaik. 
And from a practical point of view virtually impossible for the human eye to distinguish a flash from a green light to that from a blue light in most circumstances.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...