This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Peaceful protest isn't this!

Video has emerged of a confrontation between gardaí and protesters at a property auction in Gorey, Co Wexford, in which a garda is seen using a baton during the melee.

It is understood some of the properties being auctioned at the hotel in Gorey were secured on NAMA loans and are in the control of a receiver.

In the four minute-clip, a garda is seen explaining to a man that an allegation of assault had been made against him. The garda asks for the manâ€s name and address.

The man, encouraged by fellow protesters, asks to be told the specific section of the law under which he is being asked for his name.

The garda confirms the act and section in question (Section 2 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act), but the man insists on having it quoted while he is being asked for his name.

The garda tells the man he is “now placing (him) under arrest” and the crowd becomes agitated, with a number of people shouting “Illegal arrest”, “peaceful protest” and “Arrest one, arrest all”. A number of scuffles break out.

Later in the clip (3.48 mins), the same garda is seen using a baton while facing another protester, who falls to the ground.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnew...05487.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
Couldn't hear a Wexford accent among any of the so called "peaceful protesters" another example of the hijacking of ANY opportunity by certain elements in society to cause anarchy.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
I find the video funny, the sacraficial lamb looks like hes been caught in car lights while the crowd of 'brave' people safe in the knowledge its not them being arrested egg him on with complete and utter bullshit.

End result? Prisoner taken when he could have avoided it and the crowd thats anything but peaceful gets a smack, not on the head either from what I can see. 

Only mule painted in a bad light is the female in my opinion, wouldnt have confidence being backed up by her
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
why did he swing out in the first place???
"Peaceful Protest!!!!!!!!!"

Jesus, it really seems that you have to be a moran to shout this out.

Definition of "peaceful"..................
Quote:characterized by peace; free from war, strife, commotion, violence, or disorder:

Don't think this applies
Horrible shower of people they are. You just can't draw any conclusions from the footage as you can't see what's going on behind him but I will say it doesn't look good.
Did someone grab or interfere with the Garda on the side away from the camera?
Early on he is calm and reasonable, the video doesn't look good for him but more probably happened than what the video showed.

Sent using Tapatalk from my Totem Pole and Apache Axe
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
that Garda is going to have a tough few weeks/months answering questions about that incident! these peaceful protests are no more than an excuse for certain members of society to cause trouble! i don't know much about ASP deployment, but i would have imagined there should be an escalation, i.e. the asp is pulled out and the Garda warns the people to disperse otherwise they get asp'd? it looks like the guy behind him is pushing and jostling with the garda and he looks like he got to a point where he no longer willing to get pushed around! he was very calm and controlled up until then, a lot more calm than i would have been!
I have been pretty vocal on boards about this, and got a warning for being uncivil!

The gif deliberaty cuts the start of the incident, that strike is the second one as the man is leaning down. 

at 3.17 on the video you can see the man on video interfering with the arrest. Maybe hes involved earlier, we dont know.

at 3.23 he falls over like Klinnsman looking for a penalty after the smallest of pushes by the arresting Garda. Not even a full arm push, hes nudged to the side and its with such 'force' that he falls over and drags others with him. Oh to be a super human universal Garda!

From that point on until 3.35 you ca see people both in front and behind the Garda push and grab him. Hes on his own remember, surrounded by these people.

at 3.42 the man tries to grab the Gardas notebook both under and over the gardas arm.

at 3.45 the man, clearly so 'injured' by this tiny push is bent over so his head is at the Gardas waist height. Not so injured though that he cant try and pickpocket the Gardas notebook again. At this stage the Garda pulls his baton

At 3.45 the Garda hits the man in the KNEE, in the KNEE people the knee.

At 3.46 the male is once again falling down and gets his in the upper arm / shoulder. Yes its a high hit BUT its still an accepted area and the Garda is aiming for the lower body as he swings to the same area as the first swing.

Watch the video using pause, its obvious enough even in the gif that its not the ear or neck.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
The gif playing in slowmo makes it look bad. Shoulder to knee is the target area, if the subject moves nothing you can do. You can see the person struck is held up by a comrade, good man. 

I've only watched the video once and the fist thing I noticed before the baton strike was the male interfering with the mule around his belt area.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
now the good protestors are circulating the mulesname and address apparantly. Hope theres a few extra patrols there tonight to deal with the brave men that chance it
When will society wise up to these people who make no mistake are bent on subversion of the State. Publicity is their oxygen. Voices I heard on clip were most definitely not from Wexford. Yet another set up, hope our colleague is given support.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
(13-11-2015, 06:31 PM)Administrator Wrote: I have been pretty vocal on boards about this, and got a warning for being uncivil!

The gif deliberaty cuts the start of the incident, that strike is the second one as the man is leaning down. 

at 3.17 on the video you can see the man on video interfering with the arrest. Maybe hes involved earlier, we dont know.

at 3.23 he falls over like Klinnsman looking for a penalty after the smallest of pushes by the arresting Garda. Not even a full arm push, hes nudged to the side and its with such 'force' that he falls over and drags others with him. Oh to be a super human universal Garda!

From that point on until 3.35 you ca see people both in front and behind the Garda push and grab him. Hes on his own remember, surrounded by these people.

at 3.42 the man tries to grab the Gardas notebook both under and over the gardas arm.

at 3.45 the man, clearly so 'injured' by this tiny push is bent over so his head is at the Gardas waist height. Not so injured though that he cant try and pickpocket the Gardas notebook again. At this stage the Garda pulls his baton

At 3.45 the Garda hits the man in the KNEE, in the KNEE people the knee.

At 3.46 the male is once again falling down and gets his in the upper arm / shoulder. Yes its a high hit BUT its still an accepted area and the Garda is aiming for the lower body as he swings to the same area as the first swing.

Watch the video using pause, its obvious enough even in the gif that its not the ear or neck.

Admin you are a legend you are dead on point on this, Garda Twitter accounts are full of the PR answer to it but they have to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
I'm with Pogan, Admin that's a clear and concise account. I took a hammering on Twitter today with this, the anonymous armchair warriors calling for action, all Shiners and their supporters!! A great opportunity to get all dick heads together so I could block them all. 

In any other country they would have all been sprayed and baton charged. We need more Gardai like this member, surrounded by yobs whom escalated the whole situation to this point, as they do all the time. Ruining it for anyone actually wanting to make a point.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
I don't know have I just being ignoring these kind of posts before now, but of late I see more and more posts appearing on all kind of sites, stirring up either anti AGS or anti government sentiment and in the vast majority of cases it's Sinn Fein supporters??
There's a local political page in my area in Facebook and it is just constant posts by Shinners, it seems to be co-ordinated and targeted??
Sick of the cunts and the minute you post something that doesn't suit their agenda, they attack like a pack of jackels.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
(14-11-2015, 12:28 AM)Brigade Wrote: Sick of the cunts and the minute you post something that doesn't suit their agenda, they attack like a pack of jackets.

Those packs of jackets can be awful trouble!  75

It's a standard tactic for them online. It was discussed a lot on twitter around the time of the Maria Cahill story.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Are they mostly Dublin accents I hear? They all know the law better than the Gardai. I wonder his many times he had his notepad taken.... I saw a swing at knee, and one at shoulder. These protesters need to get a swift kick of reality. We want the gardai to protect us, but only when we aren't obstructing them and causing shit!!! Take politicians and protesters out on duty for a day and see how they get on. Gimps.

Sent from my S350 using Tapatalk
When you think about it, an unhinged ferris wheel rolling towards the sea, is just a windmill full of corpses.
(14-11-2015, 12:28 AM)Brigade Wrote: I don't know have I just being ignoring these kind of posts before now, but of late I see more and more posts appearing on all kind of sites, stirring up either anti AGS or anti government sentiment and in the vast majority of cases it's Sinn Fein supporters??
There's a local political page in my area in Facebook and it is just constant posts by Shinners, it seems to be co-ordinated and targeted??
Sick of the cunts and the minute you post something that doesn't suit their agenda, they attack like a pack of jackels.

Populated by most of the same breed of idiots who post on that town forum so.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
There was a load of other with cameras at different angles, wonder why they are not up. maybe because they show what actually happened, especially the lad in the red jacket, he is filming from the opposite side and would have full view.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
(14-11-2015, 02:05 PM)Command Support Wrote:
(14-11-2015, 12:28 AM)Brigade Wrote: I don't know have I just being ignoring these kind of posts before now, but of late I see more and more posts appearing on all kind of sites, stirring up either anti AGS or anti government sentiment and in the vast majority of cases it's Sinn Fein supporters??

Populated by most of the same breed of idiots who post on that town forum so.

No. They are utter imbeciles.
Anyone that has to put up a post to find out the telephone number of Apache Pizza when you could just google it is retarded.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
This post has been repped by: Administrator (8),