This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Multiple attacks, reports of explosions in Paris near the Stade de France
Hostage Situation possible also

A least four people have been killed and seven others wounded after a shooting at a Paris restaurant, as two explosions were heard elsewhere in the city.

Witnesses said there were bodies lying on the ground outside the restaurant and police had cordoned off the area after the attack in the 10th arrondissement, local media reported.

http://news.sky.com/story/1587373/deaths-reported-in-paris-restaurant-shooting
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
26 dead now according to news....

Seems simple to acquire automatic weapons in France, just a ferry crossing away.

Solutions?
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
The solutions are not politically correct so the solutions will not be implemented
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
It just gets worse and worse! Multiple attacks, and now a hostage situation.... reports of 60 people dead and 100 being held hostage! It's crazy! Lucky nothing happened in stade de france
State of emergency declared across France. #ParisAttacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks as if they are storming the theatre where the hostages are being held.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Just watching it now, bloody hell looks like a big coordinated attack by someone, saying at least 140 dead
Approx 158 now dead. 118 at the theatre, I think two of the attackers are included in that.
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Reports of four police officers killed during the assault on the Barack's theatre. 

R.I.P. to all who were killed.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Seems another case of 'you won't bow to our religion of peace so we will slay you'. Shocking stuff, absolutely shocking. Thoughts with all involved. I have no other words.

Sent from my S350 using Tapatalk
When you think about it, an unhinged ferris wheel rolling towards the sea, is just a windmill full of corpses.
Media whores or just cretins?

Either way, this pair are an embarrassment.

[Image: 4272cfd79f48a7b263bf1a24e8e9ff3e.jpg]

Sent from my S4 Mini using Tapatalk
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
Absolute media whores....I really hope the public treat them with the contempt they deserve in the next election.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Words actually fail me....
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
Troglodytes
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Pair of idiots. I still hold the belief we will be attacked.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

[Image: SARGE300_zpsb3d5acad.png]
(14-11-2015, 05:46 PM)silop10 Wrote: Pair of idiots. I still hold the belief we will be attacked.

Yes I do too! If it happens like the Paris attack

What Would the response be ?

All emergency services
Call in of off duty members
Army deployment

(14-11-2015, 07:02 PM)pogan Wrote:
(14-11-2015, 05:46 PM)silop10 Wrote: Pair of idiots. I still hold the belief we will be attacked.

Yes I do too! If it happens like the Paris attack

What Would the response be ?

All emergency services
Call in of off duty members
Army deployment

I think if we got attacked like Paris at multiple locations it would be absolut chaos, not enough emergency services to respond and not enough armed response

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
It's only a matter of time lads, and I'm not talking about "all deeez durty forginers coming heeeeooor and takin our jobs" you can be sure there is and has been sleeper cells here for years! 

We are probably the most unprepared country regarding something like this and these extremists know it.
No checks, not enough guards/national security/ not enough ems if they do decide to hit a populated area therefore causing chaos and while every assit is being diverted to ground zero then what's to stop them setting off another attack??? 

WE ARE FUCKED if it happens no ifs ands or buts about it.
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
(14-11-2015, 07:30 PM)Ballast Wrote: It's only a matter of time lads, and I'm not talking about "all deeez durty forginers coming heeeeooor and takin our jobs" you can be sure there is and has been sleeper cells here for years! 

We are probably the most unprepared country regarding something like this and these extremists know it.
No checks, not enough guards/national security/ not enough ems if they do decide to hit a populated area therefore causing chaos and while every assit is being diverted to ground zero then what's to stop them setting off another attack??? 

WE ARE FUCKED if it happens no ifs ands or buts about it.
We are basically seen as an ideal "safe" haven for extremists while they plan their barbarism. In terms of us being attacked vis a vis Paris, Madrid, London I think it's unlikely as at present we are not involved in military operations against IS or others so are further down their pecking order. Iv no doubt IS has cells here, recruiters and sympathisers who will use the freedoms we guarantee them to plot taking those freedoms away. As is stated here,I'm in agreement with the scenarios and that we would be absolutely F**ked in the case of a similar attack. This is a war, I always thought that any future war wouldn't be traditional and would be against such an opponent as IS, Al Qaeda & it's under way since 9/11. The world has changed, it's leaders need to realise our style democracy is not necessarily what other parts of the world want. Deals will have to be struck in pragmatic fashion with leaders which prior to Paris would've seemed unthinkable; Putin, Assad, China. Islamic fundamentalism, (not necessarily Islam) threatens us all.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Absolutely shocking stuff all together & my heart goes out to everyone in Paris both civilian & ems/police/fire/military etc having to deal with this.

As for those two horrible muppets in Dail Eireann, their a disgrace but in all probability they will get re-elected.

We are a very soft target if something like that happens here. We are not prepared & we don't have enough resources to deal with a tragedy of this scale. I fear it's only a matter of time before something like France happens here.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum