This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Got to love the Bigots
Quote:'I don't want to be treated by someone in a hijab' - Patient refuses care from two Muslim doctors
A PATIENT at an Irish hospital refused to accept treatment from two doctors on the grounds that they were Muslims.

The elderly woman presented at Tallaght Hospital on Tuesday evening and was initially seen by a female consultant wearing a hijab.
Asked if she was a Muslim, the doctor reported “yes” at which point the patient asked to be treated by a different consultant as she “did not want a Muslim involved in her care.”
The daughter of the patient recounted the exchange in a Facebook post written on 'Anti Islam Ireland', where she praised her mother for having “the sense to know enough to now allow a Muslim to treat her.”
A second consultant was called to treat the woman but he too was refused by the patient because he was also Muslim.
Described by the daughter as “a big black bearded man”, this second doctor attempted to speak to the woman and address her concerns but was told that: “I am in Dublin, Ireland, my home country surely it canâ€t be too hard to find a non-Muslim consultant”.
Praising her motherâ€s stance, the daughter continued her Facebook post, writing: “Iâ€m proud of her speaking up for herself… if my mam was a Muslim woman who refused to be seen by a man, it would simply be considered her religious right…
“Many patient will be getting an education for free on Islam by me each day my mam is there… you never know, it could catch on where other patients will also be refused to be seen by Muslims.”
The post itself went on to say that “many nurses and patients” agreed with the womanâ€s refusal to be treated by a Muslim but that “they were too afraid to say anything”.
Speaking to Independent.ie, Tallaght Hospital confirmed the incident but rejected claims that staff at the hospital refused to treat the woman following her outburst.
“Tallaght Hospital cannot comment on individual patient cases due to patient confidentiality… [but] no patients were denied appropriate treatment this week.”
A spokesman went on to say that Tallaght Hospital placed an emphasise on “respect” and that its guarantees the free profession and practice of religion “particular for members of staff”.
“These values are upheld by all staff and the hospital expects patients to respects these values of fairness and equity,” they added.

Indo

People like this make me despair for the country.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
In the words of Forrest Gump, stupid is as stupid does
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Really should be a legal provision for euthanasia for those unfortunates who are sadly to f***in dumb for this world.
I'm starting to chafe at this shit. I'm an Irish Catholic, does that mean I support the IRA? No it fucking doesn't.......

There are 1.6 billion Muslims, ISIS account for a fraction of 1 percent of the Muslims in the world.

The stupidity of it all astounds me, for fucks sake your religion is an accident of your birth in most cases.

Why are people always looking for a bogey man under the bed.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
I doubt its even related to ISIS, just plain aul hatred. The doctor should have simple refused to answer in my opinion, I sure as bejaysus wouldnt.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(10-12-2015, 09:57 PM)Administrator Wrote: I doubt its even related to ISIS, just plain aul hatred. The doctor should have simple refused to answer in my opinion, I sure as bejaysus wouldnt.

Exactly, I'm a worshipper of mimdyerownbussinessyaouldwagan.

Are you familiar with it.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
If you're well enough to refuse treatment for a particular medical professional....or 2

Youre not sick enough to be in a&e!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(10-12-2015, 09:57 PM)Administrator Wrote: I doubt its even related to ISIS, just plain aul hatred. The doctor should have simple refused to answer in my opinion, I sure as bejaysus wouldnt.

I'm with you on this. Some people are closet racists and others are blatant ones.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Unbelievable!!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
I wonder if a Muslim firefighter or a Muslim winch man came to their aid in a life threatening incident would they be as choosey!! some people are just incredible with their attitudes.
People seem to think that just because "they are of this land" they have a God given right to treat "outsiders" however they want, using the "if I was in their country" line. However what their failing to see is if we all stuck to our own and didn't let the "outsiders" in we'd all be fucking our cousins which would probably explain why they are they are in the first place!  136
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!