This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Weird reg
Hi. Was up at Dublin airport yesterday and spotted this can anybody help identify what the CD means or doesn't mean on the reg

[Image: dae906eaf8da4800dd02ea758a700334.jpg]

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Corps Diplomatic (probably spelt wrong)

Its a diplomatic plate to signify its attached to an embassy or diplomatic immunity and driver or passanger is subject to diplomatic immunity

I remember being told theyre supposed to be taken off and replaced with regular plates if not carrying a diplomat. I may be wrong. Certain members on here will be more used to dealing with diplomats and will be almost expert in the dos and donts

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
CD kinda means 'Do as you want' in that car

Sent using Tapatalk from my Totem Pole and Apache Axe
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
They are exempt tax and other charges. Drivers are not exempt anything unless they hold diplomatic status and they generally don't. They should be carrying I'd to prove this.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
O right thanks very much for that I would never have known. just one thing how are you suppose know what country its from?
(15-12-2015, 11:01 PM)foreign Wrote: They are exempt tax and other charges. Drivers are not exempt anything unless they hold diplomatic status and they generally don't. They should be carrying I'd to prove this.
If the passanger holds full diplomatic status is the vehicle exempt from Road traffic laws....bus lanes and the like? Or does the driver need to hold the diplomatic status

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Theoretically a CD car is stopped at a checkpoint, the driver is hammered drunk. Is the car allowed to proceed on the basis of immunity or can something else be done? They may be immune from prosecution but still a danger to others? Same goes for speeding/running red lights etc?
Your immune from prosecution but not from arrest, the case may never make a court but the drink driver won't be allowed drive through on his jolly way.
"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get by in places where its spoken"

Before contacting us please read the help files on site Verification, E-mail and Support. Then when your ready you can E-mail me to apply for Verification or become a Supporter.
The driver would have to produce proof of diplomat status. If he has it then he can't be arrested
Article 29 Of the Vienna convention 1961

The person of a diplomatic agent shall be inviolable. He shall not be liable to any form of arrest or detention. The receiving State shall treat him with due respect and shall take all appropriate steps to prevent any attack on his person, freedom or dignity.

theres a directive for the Gardai on here regarding how to proceed.

They are not exempt 100% from arrest or prosecution however theres way and means that we must follow when dealing with them. In regards a drunk driver, we can arrest for public safety but must be satisfied it was the only option ie the passenger couldnt drive.

DPP consent required for all charges and they in turn must recieve permission from the home state to wave immunity however they can direct expulsion if the home nation wont wave immunity or recall. I believe recall is the usual system.

Having said that, my involvement with CD card holders has only ever been polite and courtious and in relation to CD cars never required arrest or prosecution but none of my tickets ever got paid, I know that.

I have always found it a strange system, In my mind it had more to do with everyone accepting indirectly that they were spying on each other and a nudge nudge wink wink way of dealing with spies rather than actual CD people. The only reason I ever heard was from the US regarding a female diplomat in a Muslim country but my own personal theory is that the home nation should have regard to whats acceptable in the hosting nation, not the other way around. Your supposed to be there to bolster relations, not annoy them.
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
does CD on a reg plate not stand for "Concierge Diplomatique"
No, corps diplomatique.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Civil Defence, a CDOs car maybe 148
I got a lift in  CD car many moons ago. It involved a romantic liaison, but in case it causes an international incident I can't go into any details....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
you mean the displomats chauffaur gave ya a lift home in return for a quick shuffle?
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Those are details I'm reserving for my autobiography .
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...