This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Ejection out a side window
So scenario is single occupancy RTC.  Driver of a VW Golf goes through a ditch and may have rolled.  His was quite drunk at the time (despite being adamant otherwise) so can't recall the accident at all.  He "woke up in the field" in daylight in December.

Anyway the window of the drivers door is broken and he so the presumption is that he was ejected out of it.  Car may or may not have rolled, he walked to a nearby house so EMS or AGS wasn't involved.  Father later visits the crash site and says windscreen and other windows intact.

Mechanistically, thinking about it I would have thought that it would be difficult to be ejected out through a small side window on your side of the car.  From your position in the seat, what direction of force / centrifuge would put you out the window?

Has anyone come across someone being ejected through a window in that location?  Personally, I've my doubts in this particular scenario.
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
I had a pt ejected out of the side window of a car.... Car Went through ditch into field and rolled a few times by the looks of it...  It was u witnessed so I can only assume from position of car and pt. But I'd imagine that someone who was drunk and decelerated enough within cockpit the  had lateral centrifugal force applied from a roll then it is possible I'd imagine...  I can't think how else my pt ended up where they did.
I saw Jackie chan give a driver a flying kick through a window
Police story 2 I think

Sent from my X5 using Tapatalk
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
(10-01-2016, 11:59 PM)ERU Wrote: I saw Jackie chan give a driver a flying kick through a window
Police story 2 I think
Exactly....
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
Considering he was drunk could he have just rolled the car, had the window open and crawled out when it stopped if he was belted in.
Seen a girl ejected out a rear window before with a head over end crash

Sent using Tapatalk from my Totem Pole and Apache Axe
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
I investigated a fatal number of years back where the deceased, only occupant was ejected through driver side window as car left Road and rolled in a field, unfortunately he ended up trapped underneath vehicle. But he was definitely ejected through side window.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
I was on one similar years ago in the mountains
Lad trapped underneath with his phone in his hand, obviously trying to call for help but no signal where he was. Sadly deceased

Sent using Tapatalk from my Totem Pole and Apache Axe
The man who never made a mistake never made anything!
Yup seen a couple like that. Was at an ejection the other day as it happens ,out the rear window I believe. Had one a number of years ago and I took ages to figure out how he was ejected. Turned out the hatchback had flown open during the rta, yer man flew out and while the car was rolling the hatch had been slammed closed again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have had several like that. I never underestimate the possibility of strange things happening in RTCs and as the saying goes, when you've ruled out the impossible you're only left with the possible.
Maddest one I ever had was the driver ( drunk of course ) of a Volvo V70 who collided with another car. When we arrived he was sitting perfectly in the rear seat immediately behind the drivers seat. Very dead of course, but all windows intact, doors locked and drivers seatbelt fastened in place.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...