This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Tapatalk Chat - WARNING
WARNING

Please read this before you post in Tapatalk Chat.

Tapatalk Chat displays your Tapatalk account name in the chat, and not your ESForum user name.

If you signed up to Tapatalk using a screen name that is different to your ESForum username then people will not know who you are.  Not a major problem, until people start to connect 'pinkfluffyknickers' with a certain account.....

If you signed up to Tapatalk using your REAL name (or a version thereof) as a screen name, then people using chat WILL KNOW who you are.....  And therein lies a problem!

Please review this setting in Tapatalk before posting to the Tapatalk Chat thread.  If you change your Tapatalk account name, it will change in the Chat thread automatically.
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
I have to jump in and state that this is on Tapatalk and is a feature they have installed. It is NOT approved or operated by us. I was not notified of this and will be taking it up with them however as echo said, a change of name works and should be done as your real name also shows up in tapatalk under your profile. 

They screwd us royally on this
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
How to change it

[Image: 5972742766bb227ebcc19270f559e275.jpg]

Click here to be brought here

[Image: 35db8e6bb603525a1548d3b4811f0f8e.jpg]

Change the name to whatever you want

[Image: 6d3dde3a77a7b47236baf18601893e85.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
(15-01-2016, 11:13 PM)Administrator Wrote: I have to jump in and state that this is on Tapatalk and is a feature they have installed. It is NOT approved or operated by us. I was not notified of this and will be taking it up with them however as echo said, a change of name works and should be done as your real name also shows up in tapatalk under your profile. 

They screwd us royally on this

Fair enough, wasn't suggesting that the problem was with the site admin though.  

It is a particular problem for this site in particular, because of our usernames and I needed to take action to prevent any other people becoming "exposed".
Email: echo59@esforum.org            PGP key: AF7C8C3B
This isn't just an issue with this site. This is a result of a recent update to Tapatalk which has made your Tapatalk profile public by default. I as with most people assumed that the Tapatalk profile and user name were private but since a recent update it's not.

If you tap on a Tapatalk user's name (identifiable by the Tapatalk symbol beside their user name) it will open their profile but it will also show a banner across the top of the screen saying 'This user is also know as XXXX on Tapatalk' and when you tap that it will open their Tapatalk profile complete with all forums they are following. This is only shown when the user hasn't turned their public profile off.

Again this is not just this forum as I sometimes browse other police forums and you will often see people's real names when you tap into their Tapatalk profiles, it's a very common issue. I even found myself messaging a user who identified themselves as a PSNI officer. They were using their real name as their Tapatalk profile and you could get loads of other information like their nixer and where they were from by their user names in other forums they were using. To say he was livid is an understatement.

It was a bad move by Tapatalk in my opinion and was brought in without any warning. You need to make sure you switch off your 'public profile' in the Tapatalk settings to stop people seeing any other forums you may be following.