This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Regional Support Unit In DMR Finally
It's the finally happening i know it's rumour for months but on last night on primetime they reported the setting up of the RSU in DMR ( possibility of name change tho) 

It's will free up the ERU and SDU for other roles 

Positive or resource drain on already low numbers
pogan,proud to be a member of ESF since Jul 2010
Supervisor of Crime Prevention Section of Emergency Services Forum
Contact me by mail at pogan@esforum.org
NEWS
New armed garda unit to monitor growing terror threat in Dublin
● NEWSBy Sunday World

[/url]

undefinedA heavily armed Reginal Support Unit has been set up to deal with a growing security threat in Dublin

It has been revealed that up to 40 people, who are said to be Islamic State supporters or fighters, are based in Ireland.
The individuals are being monitored by Gardai and the Army Intelligence units, according to today's Irish Independent.
The paper says that the majority of suspects are involved in recruitment and logistic support for the extremist terror group.
It also reveals that a new armed garda Regional Support Unit has been assigned to Dublin to deal with what they believe is a growing security threat.

The unit will have up to 60 members, 10 sergeants and 50 gardai.
It is expected that the unit will be deployed on the streets to free up time for the Emergency Response Unit to work on other counter-terrorism operations.

Sunday world 12 January 
News to us. Sure even if they announce it now we'll be lucky to have it up and running by xmas. Just election nonsense
(21-01-2016, 12:25 AM)thehawk Wrote: News to us. Sure even if they announce it now we'll be lucky to have it up and running by xmas. Just election nonsense

I heard a months or two ago! Yes sounds like election nonsense
 but let's hope it's step in right direction 

What other police force in European doesn't have a marked armed response 
at least ( if not permanently armed )