This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Its that time of year again, when we are getting ready for Christmas, family and Santa. Sadly not everyone will be looking forward with anticipation, instead simple hoping for food, warmth or a small present. Thankfully there are goups like 'Little Blue Heroes' and 'Barnados' out there. Both help the youngest and most vulnerable in society and this Christmas we ask that you join us in making a donation at https://www.littleblueheroes.org/donate/ or https://www.barnardos.ie/christmas

American Police and Fire Pipe Band to March with Sinn Fein
have you lads heard about this. The Philidelphia Police and Fire Pipe Band
Are going to march in the Sinn Fein 1916 commendations.
I've been corresponding with them on their FB page by PM.

Basically their response has been; they want to march in a parade
And the Sinn Fein is the only show in town that will allow
Foreign representation. If tried explaining to them that they are 
The political wing of a terrorist organization, that they have tried to 
Protect and defend cop killers, about their Kangroo courts,
That they want to disband the Special Criminal Court and get 
Rid of the OASA. But they won't see sense.

http://www.ppfpd.org
undefined
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Is there any particular post that mentions it on the Facebook page? My fingers are itchy.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.
Twas on the Sinn Fein 1916 Page MRX, but it seems to be gone now.
They put up a post on their page when a load of mules emailed them but
It's down now.
I messaged them a very polite "why are you marching with terrorist scum that murders your irish brothers" and this is the reply I got.....

Thank you for your message. We have received several messages on this subject ranging from encouraging, to curious to downright rude!  

I lived in Ireland and am well aware of the political situation. When our band decided over three years ago to come to Ireland in 2016 and commemorate the centennial of the Easter Day Rising there was discussion from the beginning that it would be difficult to separate the current political situation from the historical event we are recognizing. There has been a COMPLETE FAILURE on the part of the Irish government or any tourist board to organize any event that allows others than just the Irish military, Garda or fire brigade to participate. 

The Sinn Fein event in which we were invited to participate is a historical commemoration. We in no way endorse violence towards our brothers and sisters in law enforcement and any suggestion that participating in a parade that includes the current sitting Lord Mayor of Dublin supports terrorism or violence against police is incorrect. 

I understand this is an election year and everything is more politically charged than usual, even by Irish standards, but sometimes a parade is just that.

I would like to genuinely thank those who reached out to us with kind and concerned messages.  You have been heard and please know this event was already discussed in advance with members in the Garda, the Irish government and our own senior officers. 

Mark O'Donnell,
Pipe Major
Philadelphia Police and Fire
Pipes & Drums
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
That was a generic message @Hooch, I got it earlier today as too.

I have been messaging them all day. That Mark lad it would appear has 
Family in Derry...................
A, Fucking disgrace

B, THey shouldnt be allowed take apart. Im sorry but its 1916, its ours. Its one for the home team only
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
whats the link to them? google doesnt show their facebook and their website has no contact
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about Verification or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
(10-02-2016, 09:50 PM)Administrator Wrote: A, Fucking disgrace

B, THey shouldnt be allowed take apart. Im sorry but its 1916, its ours. Its one for the home team only

I have to agree. Its for ES HERE not a parade of uncle tom cobbley an'all. To the yanks it's just another excuse for a trip. Just the other day I heard that there's a chap based in Wexford who's invited pipe bands from all over the states to take part in a Pipe band parade in Dublin. His plan is to have a band or bands marching from every 1916 garrison point in the city to a central point. Except he hasn't spoken to anyone nor does he have permission or permits. Every Jonnier who ever looked sideways at the country wants a piece of the action, and the shinners are only too happy to put themselves forward as the rightful heirs to the 1916 volunteers. 
The lad in Philadelphia has family in Derry ?  Let them march through Guildhall square so and see how The PSNI deal with them. Absolutely disgraceful and the commissioner of AGS should let her feelings be known to her counterpart in Philly.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Here's their FB page
https://www.facebook.com/ppfpd/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Here's the Sinn Fein 1916 page

https://www.facebook.com/therising2016/?ref=ts&fref=ts
sent two messages, probable get deleted

As I said, how would they feel if we went and marched in a Tallaban organised march to celebrate Afghanistans liberation from Russia?
Quote: B, THey shouldnt be allowed take apart. Im sorry but its 1916, its ours. Its one for the home team only

You'd think that alright, but its not the nessesarily the case, certain organisations have been stood down/numbers cut, even though said organisations are stuck for numbers, I can only assume this is to facilitate the inclusion on the vols (which i have no issue with at all) and these so called guests.
The less you give a feck, The happier you'll be!!
yep they are deleting comments they dont like about the march. So heres a gew snippets I have forwarded to them, cant delete them from here

Sinn Fein defend taking pictures in prison with cop killer

cop killer on community group

Sinn Fein TD parties with cop killers on release from jail

Sinn Fein defends employing criminals
Share the shit out of this.
Well you all beat me to it. This is a disgrace. The fact that they refuse to accept or see this and wrote it off as a time of election or that they should have a right to March is also a disgrace and not factual the fact that the US has given money to the likes of SF and there is this twisted sense of fighting Irish and the good old days appeals to the narrow and removed mindset of the Americans. 

They are spitting at their supposed brothers and sisters in Blue and for what? To play music marching down a wet street!!

Furious.
"Choose to be great, choose to be powerful beyond measure"
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Stresskills for further articles and information
Mr. ODonnell, 

By now I know you are aware that by aligning yourselves with SF for a March in Dublin to commemorate 1916 has caused unhappiness, disbelief and revulsion amoung a large population of Emergency Service Staff, their families and the families of those Police officers murdered by the group you now will be aligning yourself with. 

I understand you lived in Ireland and suggest that you are aware of the political situation, may I say that this is neither relevant or a reason for your band to do this, nor too is the fact that you planned it for 3yrs ago, or that the big bold government wouldn't invite you here. Have you actually read your standard response to those whom have taken the time in good faith and honesty to share their shock at your decision. It sounds to everyone like the response of a child whose been told he's not allowed out to play. 

Sometimes doing the right thing can be very hard, the hope is that you can find a modicum of decency for your fellow officers in blue, their families and the decent law abiding people of Ireland to reconsider your position.
Email me Here
The Couch, an area to discuss issues of Welfare, Discipline, Peer Support and Concern
Has anyone shared this with Irish/American police groups in the States and with the pro-police pages on facebook? Might get some pressure put on them from their own 'brothers'.
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
It's been mentioned on Survive The Streets, with the bulk of the posts being pro-Garda.
I'd write to the Police Commissioner of the service itself
Email me Here
I have tried to get it on officer.com but my account is awaiting activation
Just got a pm from their secretary, 
They're looking for alternatives as regards marching,
Any suggestions???

Looks like the pressure is working!