This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

American Police and Fire Pipe Band to March with Sinn Fein
What dates are they over? Could something be organised with the other services for a March to Dublin Castle and the Garda Memorial Garden there?
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Good Friday the March was planned for @foreign.
25/03/16
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
They are police and fire, tell them to contact DFB.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
DFB are participants in The official parade and a gaggle of other events. These lads were over for DFB 150th parade in 2012. They and any other band which contacted DFB officially or DFB Pipe Band were told that there was no "parade"in which foreign bands could participate. It was explained to them that this was a national commemoration not an international carnival or festival. It would appear at best to be any excuse for a trip to the "aul sod" and as such they'll hitch their wagon to anything at this point.
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Feel sorry for those involved that have forked out for flights, etc
 Can still come over mind you just not march.

Their secretary from Derry fucked em. If he is from, lived in or has relatives there he knew fucking well who he was dealing with and appears to have hidden or suppressed the amount of negative feeling it was causing
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
Follow up? Did they cancel IR still marching?
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.
I saw an email purportedly from the band which said that they were not going to march in the Sinn Féin parade. It seems that the majority of the band had no idea of the significance of getting involved with Sinn Féin.
This was what I got:
Apologies for the form letter, but I wanted to respond to those who reached out about our band's participation in the 1916 Lost Leaders Parade organized by Sinn Fein.  Our band will NOT be participating in this event. I would sincerely like to thank those of you who reached out to us with open questions and genuine concern. Through the kindness of several individuals, most who self-identified as Garda members we were able to understand more about this and are grateful to them for that.  You represented the Garda well.  It was never our intention to make any political statement or ever do something that could be perceived as an insult to Garda Siochana. As I mentioned in a previous message we believed we were participating in a 1916 Commemoration parade that included the Lord Mayor of Dublin and was the only public event open to foreign participation. Thanks again to those kind individuals who reached out to us.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Unfortunate their trip was cancelled, well I assume it was cancelled, maybe they will still travel and just have a holiday in the homeland minus a certain secretary
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
Good result, pity they got hoodwinked by a sympathiser secretary who should've known better.
It's not the HSE's opinion, it's not managements opinion, it's mine. All mine.