This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Election Predictions
I know it's a little bit early, but what do ye reckon? FF-FG coalition, FG-Lab-Independents?
What big name losses will there be?
I reckon a FG/FF government that'll last about 18 months before another election.
Joan Burton to loose her seat....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
The smaller party tends to get fucked. I think FG will stay in, theres issues but many seem to think they are making progress. 

Its hard to see after that, will FF, SF or the various independents and newbies mop up the labour seats.

Whats interesting is that if FG need a partner and I am sure they will, who will it be? SF, FF and the lefties are all very much opponents of FG
Before contacting us, please read our Help section especially if its about VerificationSwap area or obtaining a Site email address. After that, you can contact me by either PM or E-mail and I will do my best to help.
I'm with Brigade.

It'll be FG and FF. They will never go with SF. Ever.

Possibly independents.......but very few mentally stable ones around these days to make up a collation.
“The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
― Albert Einstein
Yep FG and FF but it might take a second election later in the year for them to get over the egos of sharing power. They still might need a 4 or 5 like minded independents which means Tony Gregory deals for some townsland in Ireland to keep them sweet. Also option of bringing in SD or Renua if they get a couple of seats.

There's not a lot of other options if FG and FF don't want to share with SF. Think history of the minor partner of PD's, Greens getting hammered will hit Labour, agree Joan has a good chance of losing her seat. I think she won't be leader in 2 months time, maybe Alan Kelly in to replace her.

I hope is this is one of the last elections we'll see posters up on poles. No need for them, a lot of good media interviews mean all you need to do is go the internet and you've everything you need to know about candidates. RTE did a good job, 450 candidates given 1 min interviews.
id say FG + what left of Labour + Reneua + a few Indps, that will fall on some major issue after about three years
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
I'd concur except I can't see them getting 3 years. There really desn't seem to be a credible opposition alternative this time round and I reckon all a FG/FF coalition would do is bring about a SF led government before too long.
FF & FG that will last 12 months, then a rainbow of SF, Labour, the Greens and Independants.
(11-02-2016, 07:48 PM)vidar Wrote: id say FG + what left of Labour + Reneua + a few Indps, that will fall on some major issue after about three years

I agree with your combination but I reckon it won't last until Xmas.
Got into a great debate on a local Facebook group with a gobshite from Eirigi.
He said it was disgraceful that the Irish Government weren't taxing oil companies more on the oil they were discovering in Irish waters.
He got a bit ratty when I suggested there haven't been an egg cup of oil discovered.
He said that it was beside the point, they were looking for oil 
He got abusive when I said we didn't tax icebergs found in Irish waters either and there was probably more chance of finding those than oil.
I love elections..
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
Whatever happens, twill be a load of shite pocket liners!
When you think about it, an unhinged ferris wheel rolling towards the sea, is just a windmill full of corpses.
(18-02-2016, 02:38 PM)Brigade Wrote: Got into a great debate on a local Facebook group with a gobshite from Eirigi.
He said it was disgraceful that the Irish Government weren't taxing oil companies more on the oil they were discovering in Irish waters.
He got a bit ratty when I suggested there haven't been an egg cup of oil discovered.
He said that it was beside the point, they were looking for oil 
He got abusive when I said we didn't tax icebergs found in Irish waters either and there was probably more chance of finding those than oil.
I love elections..

I see local polls suggesting we could get our first Eirigi light minister! Thanks in no small part to nearly a 1/3 of prospective voters in one particular town....
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
One of most interesting outcomes in Irish History. 100 years after the rising we might have a left with majority in opposition.

Some of the results baffle me, Lowry gets nailed for tax evasion and he tops poll in Tipperary...
Two Healy Raes , let the fun begin 148
(27-02-2016, 10:15 PM)Blackbolt Wrote: Two Healy Raes , let the fun begin 148

Can imagine the circus when those two arrive up to the pale to put the jackeens back in their box.
Put the jackeens back in their box???  In case you haven't noticed the Dail is full of culchies trying to shaft other culchies and milk the mostly Dublin based PAYE taxpayers for even more expenses. If Dubs stopped paying tax the rest of the country would be shut down within a fortnight. Sure culchies wouldn't get out of bed unless there was a grant or subsidy on offer. 148
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Looking at the results throughout the day I would think we will be back at this in 3 to 6 months time again.
Where there is no guidance, a nation falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety (Proverbs 11:14)
For by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory (Proverbs 24:6)

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media & incomptent managers, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of excrement by the clean end
(27-02-2016, 11:33 PM)The Gap Wrote: Put the jackeens back in their box???  In case you haven't noticed the Dail is full of culchies trying to shaft other culchies and milk the mostly Dublin based PAYE taxpayers for even more expenses. If Dubs stopped paying tax the rest of the country would be shut down within a fortnight. Sure culchies wouldn't get out of bed unless there was a grant or subsidy on offer. 148

Ahh but good oul Dublin also swallows a rather large amount of PAYE tax payers money with the dole numbers up there 22

Not to mention how can Dublin slag any county as far as electing someone goes, sure did ye elect  Claim Daly yet again 23

on a side note Michael Healy Rae has just been voted in with twenty thusand seven hundred and odd votes, the highest number of first preference votes of any candidate in the country, so he must be doing something right , Danny is on nine thousand nine hundred and odd and is in second place to his brother, the number required is thirteen thousand and odd to get up to the sticks and sit in the big boy seats.
(28-02-2016, 12:28 AM)Blackbolt Wrote:
(27-02-2016, 11:33 PM)The Gap Wrote: Put the jackeens back in their box???  In case you haven't noticed the Dail is full of culchies trying to shaft other culchies and milk the mostly Dublin based PAYE taxpayers for even more expenses. If Dubs stopped paying tax the rest of the country would be shut down within a fortnight. Sure culchies wouldn't get out of bed unless there was a grant or subsidy on offer. 148

Ahh but good oul Dublin also swallows a rather large amount of PAYE tax payers money with the dole numbers up there 22

Can't be that good if you and the missus emigrated from the Pale!
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
(28-02-2016, 12:28 AM)Blackbolt Wrote:

Not to mention how can Dublin slag any county as far as electing someone goes, sure did ye elect  Claim Daly yet again 23 

I think we can lay the blame for this firmly in @m4j s court. He dropped the ball here
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Daly got back in? Is swords is full of idiots! Did her boyfriend also get back in?

the sheep don't like the dog, until the wolf appears
Often the sheep do not like the sheepdog,  until the wolf comes.  Then the sheep try to hide behind the sheepdog, begging for his protection.