This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Bicycle Responce Units
Just wondering if anyone has a Bike unit in their organisation? What do you carry on it? Are blues and twos permitted? What are the best pouches to have? Finally what type of self bike stand do you use? 
Thank you
Blues and two's on a bicycle?! Really?????
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
All vol orgs already have bike units already do they not??

Are you part of a vol org??
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
We got 2 new bikes for our unit recently. They are kept in a vehicle. They are planned to be used for either runs, cycles or just transport around a large event. We got 2 bags for the back of each bike which contain first aid kits and a few other handy bits and pieces to carry on a bike. No blues, just normal bike torch and rear red light which flashes
(15-02-2016, 05:59 PM)Command Support Wrote: Blues and two's on a bicycle?! Really?????

My thoughts exactly. I know AGS bicyle riders shout nee naww when they are pursuit 23
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
(16-02-2016, 12:03 AM)Blackbolt Wrote:
(15-02-2016, 05:59 PM)Command Support Wrote: Blues and two's on a bicycle?! Really?????

My thoughts exactly. I know AGS bicyle riders shout nee naww when they are pursuit 23

No @blackbolt the French horn works better on the bike

Weeewoooooooweeeeeeewooooooooweeeeeewooooooooo
Sorry but HOW many copies of this do you want????
(16-02-2016, 12:19 AM)jmcd432 Wrote:

No @blackbolt the French horn works better on the bike

Weeewoooooooweeeeeeewooooooooweeeeeewooooooooo
I was on an ambulance with a French horn option today....  I think they should be standard for all vehicles...  It is so much classier that the standard neenaw
A lot of the vol organisations have bike units. We have 2 bikes, they get used maybe 5 times a year, mostly for st patricks day parade, darkness into light, and other runs. 

Bonus is they can cover short distances faster than a vehicle or foot patrol does, and also can get places vehicles can't. 
Cons, they're actually not good at getting through heavy crowds compared to foot patrols. Sort of a pain to maintain and from a voluntary perspective, we certainly do not have suitable uniforms to wear while on them.

no they dont, they have to be in a pair for a pursuit and one goes bee and the baw, fecking water fairies no nothing!
Those who can, do.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't do or teach....... Manage!
We just got two of these, but we can't use them until we do our advanced cycling course.

Attached Files Image(s)

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are filled with doubts while the stupid people are full of confidence...
This post has been repped by: LPP (2),

I did a few years on Garda mountain bike. Great for city centre and events. Never carried much kit in pannier ... Usually just raingear....always a chance that stuff would be nicked when away from the bike (which was locked with spare cuffs).
Carrying enough on utility belt!!!

Blues and two's not done here.