This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

R.I.P. DFB Firefighter/Paramedic Ian "Frodo" McCormack
From the DFB Facebook page.

Quote:It is with regret that we learned of the passing of Firefighter/Paramedic Ian "Frodo" McCormack.
Ian passed away early this morning after a courageous battle with cancer.
He was a true gent and character, he will be sorely missed by all his friends within the DFB.
Rest easy badge 1170

[Image: 12705563_968566343223905_922058923922536...48c8875f99]
http://www.esforum.org - Home of the real emergency service personnel.

http://www.facebook.com/emergencysf
Heard about it earlier, sad news. R.I.P.
 photo BBGOODMANROUND.png
Terrible tragedy. He was only about 30 and had young kids.

An excellent firefighter, a genuinely decent fella and one hell of a funny bastard.

Life just isn't fair sometimes
I put a post in the memorial section. His humour and energy made him a real force of nature and his bravery and dignity made him a legend. RIP Frodo
We trained hard ... but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization.
Only had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times in the mess during my early days in Tara st. A gent
JUST CALL ME PROBIE
Only briefly met the guy in Tara st a few times back when NAS was in Tara street. A true gent and everybody loved when he came into the Control room and he was always smiling.
RIP :-(
This is a signature
Terrible loss, RIP.
Whatever your reaching for better be a sandwich....coz your gonna eat it......
Flag will be lowered to half-mast at Phibsboro Station tomorrow @ 10am if anyone around.

Love to be there myself, but 2 prior engagements
The best gift you can give to someone is your time, because you are giving them something you can never get back.
Rest in Peace.
Sad to hear, condolences to Family, colleagues and friends. RIP
We are the willing, led by the unknowning, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
I heard it this morning,  terrible news.  May he rest in peace
So sad when a young person like this succumbs to this dreadful illness. Condolences to all his colleagues in DFB, his family & friends.
E-mail or  PM me.

Irish medic, Moderator,
Emergency services forum
RIP
When you think about it, an unhinged ferris wheel rolling towards the sea, is just a windmill full of corpses.